Abby's Birthday Oneshot

Abby's POV

I woke up to my alarm as usual. I didn't know why it was going off, considering it was the weekend, but turned it off anyways and rolled away to go back to sleep. I could feel myself dozing off when I heard my door slam open. Suddenly, I felt a body jump onto my bed, narrowly missing my body as they shook me awake. "Abby! C'mon! It's time to wake up!" I smiled slightly at Emily, who almost never wakes up when she's supposed to.  "Mmmmmm no I think it's time to do back to sleep." I grab my younger sister, cuddling close to her as she giggled to herself. A new voice comes from the entrance of my room as Emily's giggles stop. "Afraid not, sis. You're getting out of that bed if we have to drag you out." I groaned loudly at the sound of Ashton's voice, hiding under my blankets with Emily. A yelp escapes me as my blankets are torn off me and I'm being picked up and pulled out of reach from Emily. "Ash put me down!" He doesn't as he continues to carry me out of my room towards the living room, where I'm dropped onto the couch. "Mom! She's in the living room!" Confusion quickly overtook me as I looked around to see what was going on. Mom entered the room before I could figure out what had happened and hugged me tightly. "Good morning sweetheart. How'd you sleep last night?" I rose a brow but answered her anyways. "Uhh I slept alright... what's going on with you guys?" Ashlynn pulled out her phone, showing me the date. November 8, more commonly known as my dad's and my own birthday. "Happy birthday, Abby." I tensed my shoulders as my brain tore me into a memory.

Chains rattled around the room, waking me from my sleep. It was a miracle I'd even fallen asleep, so I wasn't too surprised when I heard familiar footsteps approaching me. "Well look who's awake. My favorite prisoner to torment. A little birdie told me that today's your birthday. So in honor of that we'll only beat you half to death instead of to the verge of death. Happy birthday, Abby." A sadistic grin followed as I was unchained and dragged to the torture room. Happy birthday indeed.

I jolted away from the hand reaching towards me, jumping off the couch while keeping everyone in my sight. "What's going on? Are you ok, Abby?" Ashton tried reaching for me again, but a warning growl from me caused him to stop in his tracks. I knew I wasn't in any danger, but the memory put me back into survival mode and I couldn't stop myself. "Abby please calm down." The thing is, I'm already trying to calm down. It just isn't working out like I'd hoped it would. In a panic, I ran back towards me room, slamming the door closed behind me. I looked around the room, eyes locking in on the window as I rushed towards it. Opening the window, I climbed out and left the house. Paranoia took over me as I walked around town, trying to calm myself down enough to go back. Nothing seemed to be working as my legs took me to the one place I knew would bring me comfort. Before I knew it, I was knocking on the door to the Bakugo household. Footsteps rushing towards the door can be heard and it opens to reveal Katsuki. "Abby. What brings you here?" My shoulders relaxed as I wrapped my arms around his torso. I felt Katsuki's arms wrap around me as he pet my hair gently. "Hey what happened? Are you alright?" I snuggled myself further into his body as he brought me inside and closed the door. "Bad memories." Katsuki shifted away slightly so that he could pick me up, carrying me off to his room and laying with me on his bed. "Alright now that it's just you and me, do you wanna talk about the bad memories?" I sat up, bringing my legs up to my chest as I slowly rocked my body back and forth. "Not really..." Katsuki also sat up, wrapping an arm around my shoulder while doing his best to comfort me.

I wasn't sure how long we'd been in this position, but I knew it was long enough to make me slowly drift to sleep. I managed to keep myself awake by taking with Katsuki. "I think I'm ready to talk about it now." A gentle kiss was placed on my forehead as I began to explain my flashback, and what had triggered the memory in the first place. There were a few moments where my thoughts tried to drag me into that hell again, but Katsuki would be quick to ask a question and keep me on track. "You feel better now? We can talk about something else if you want." I nodded, moving to sit on Katsuki's lap. "Birthdays are really hard for me right now... The last time I got to celebrate it, I ended up getting kidnapped. I don't really remember how people celebrate them." Before he could respond, there was a knock on his bedroom door. "Is Abby in there with you Katsuki? Her mom just called wondering where she went." Katsuki nodded his head towards the door, and I let out a sigh as I stood up and opened the door. "I'm right here, Mitsuki." We all headed into the living room, where I was told to call my mom and let her know where I was. One ring... Two rings... She answered. "Abby? Where are you? What happened? Are you ok?" I took a deep breath, standing up and pacing the room. "I'm at Katsuki's. I'm sorry I ran off like that... it's hard to explain over the phone. I'm alright now." She let out a sigh of relief, retelling the information to everyone on the other line. "Abby we're coming over there to pick you up right now so please explain everything when we get there. We're all really worried about you." I knew she was right, so I agreed to tell her when she got here. Shortly after we hung up, and all there was to do was wait for my mom and everyone else to arrive. 

Nothing of interest happened while we waited for my mom, Katsuki and I cuddled while watching TV as Mitsuki went back to whatever she was doing. The knock on the door was the only thing that caused us to move, and it was for me to answer the door. I was crushed into a hug as soon as I opened the door, causing my body to tense up on instinct. I separated from the hug, leading everyone into the living room as I began explaining why I'd freaked out earlier. When I finished explaining, everyone was understanding, and apologized for freaking me out earlier. "It's none of your fault. There's no way you could have known I'd be this way. I don't want you guys walking on eggshells for my sake. I've managed to deal with these things my own way for some time now, I'm sure I can manage with this." Mom looked at the time, jolting at a realization. "Alright kids, now that we've found Abby, we don't have much time before your father wakes up. Abby, we'll give you time to say your goodbye's to the Bakugo family and you can meet us home, alright? Everyone else, let's get going!" With that, mom along with my brother and sisters left the house to surprise dad on his birthday. I smiled at them and turned to give Katsuki a hug. "I guess I'd better get going soon. Will you come by later?" The smile Katsuki gave me told me the answer, but he nodded his head, telling me that he'd be over to celebrate with us. 

After giving Katsuki a kiss goodbye, I left the house and began walking to my own. When I arrived at the house, I made sure to not disturb anybody as I entered and made my way towards the sound of people talking. Everyone was in the kitchen, talking to each other about anything that came to their minds. I smiled at them, not planning to ruin their fun until I was noticed by Ashlynn. She gestured for me to come in, which caught the attention of everyone else in the room as I joined them. We all went back to talking as if I was here the whole time, and my meltdown was never mentioned. The day seemed to go by quickly as we all had fun together. We played games to keep Emily occupied and everyone else happy, we had a small cake that dad and I both had to blow out candles on, we had gifts given though there weren't many since we didn't want to go crazy with presents, and before we knew it, the day was over. At some point, Katsuki had joined us, which made the day a bit more enjoyable for me. By the time the sun was setting, we were all off doing our own thing, and Katsuki and I were sitting on the roof, watching the sunset. 

The roof was peaceful and watching the sunset with Katsuki made it even more so. "So... how was your first birthday out of that place?" I smiled, cuddling into Katsuki as we continued to watch the sun go down, a few stars beginning to appear in the sky. "It was great. I forgot that birthdays could be enjoyable... though it's a pretty hard thing to remember when you're getting tortured and beat up almost every day. Sorry, that got a little dark." We didn't say much after that, just enjoying each other's presence as the sky turned dark. The night was peaceful and before I knew it, I was drifting off to sleep with only one thought in my head. This has got to be one of the best birthdays I've ever had.

________________________________________________________________________________

Originally I wasn't going to make something like this, but I figured that since I haven't uploaded in... a long time... that I should make it up to you readers by giving you guys a little something something. I've been having a rough time getting into a groove of consistently writing and posting stories, but I swear I'm trying to get something productive for whoever reads these. Just be patient with me and I'll probably hyperfocus and post several chapters one of these days lol.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this oneshot. If you did, please leave a vote. If you didn't like this oneshot, then tell me how I can improve in the comments. 

I'll see you guys in the next chapter!

-Dissecting_Stein