Chapter 14: Codenames for Upcoming Heroes

Warning: This chapter contains foul language.

Abby's POV

The battle was starting. Bakugo's fight against Uraraka. I wanted both to win, but I knew one had to lose. From what I could tell, Uraraka wasn't much of a fighter, and this is bad considering that she's going against someone who loves to fight and would do it all day if he could. I was scared and as I stood next to a wall that blocked us from 1-B I watched as Bakugo and Uraraka entered the arena. I knew Bakugo would win, he was way too confident that he would, but I was only watching because I not only promised Bakugo I would, but because I want to see how close Uraraka gets to beating him.

The match started and I practically froze in my spot, Uraraka charged Bakugo and he counterattacked as soon as she was close enough. I knew her plan and I knew it well. She was going to use her quirk and float him out of bounds. It was smart, but Bakugo wasn't the kind of person that would let that happen easily. The fight went on like that for a long time and I was confused for a bit and looked up a little to look at my dad. I then knew exactly what she was doing, and she was doing good. She wanted him to counterattack for her own advantage. Damn I never noticed how clueless I was until it slapped me in the face.

I acted like I didn't know what was going on and was slowly getting pissed because people were yelling at Bakugo because he was attacking a girl without mercy. Some looked away from the fight and said nothing which made me cool off a bit, but eventually I wanted to scream my head off because the entire crowd, and some of the teachers, got in on it. I was about to say something, but dad beat me to it and told the person who started it, who was a hero, to hang up his cape and quit being a hero. I don't think I have been so proud to be his daughter.

Uraraka released the rocks that she had been floating down on Bakugo and went to attack. Bakugo only lifted his hand and used a giant explosion to get all of them. My arm suddenly tensed up and I fell to the ground, trying not to show I was in pain. I didn't know what the hell was going on, but I could notice that the same arm that hurts on me looks like is clenching and unclenching, as if it hurt.

Shortly after, Uraraka passed out from over-exertion meaning Bakugo won. I was happy for him, but I wanted to know what that pain, that has faded away, was and what caused it. A while later Bakugo took a seat in his spot while some people talked to him about his match. I hardly noticed his presence do to me thinking about all the pain that I went through.

I don't know how long I've been here. It feels like forever. Some men arrived and dragged me into a room that was complete stone. I didn't know the room and the walls were filled with what looked like torture devices. I was shoved into the room and heard the door lock behind me. I was about to scream out of fear from this room when I suddenly heard a chuckle that made me want to die. "Well, I guess we should get started, shall we?" I tensed up immediately and didn't move muscle. The man walked over to me and dragged me by my shirt and touched it with five fingers causing my shirt to disintegrate. He didn't care and grabbed me roughly and chained me to the ceiling so that the sadistic freak could see me from all angles. Then he grabbed a whip and started hitting me, not giving any chance to calm down. After a few minutes I was in tears, and he stopped. I was going to sigh of relief but then I noticed that he was getting a bag and some water. He put the beg on my head and dumped the water onto the bag. I couldn't breathe. I was going to die. He grabbed the whip and started hitting me again harder and I knew I was bleeding badly.

I was being shook and I instinctively flinched away from the person. I looked and saw that it was Bakugo. "Your fight is going to start soon." I nodded and went to calm myself near the arena. I hadn't calmed my nerves, but I could at least think about what I was doing. When I fought, I barely won because the person I went against was strong. I don't really pay any attention to the other fights and barely noticed that Todoroki was using his fire making it extremely hot. Wait... What? I looked into the arena and sure enough, Todoroki was using his fire. His dad was happy, but I knew that there was a reason behind what he was doing. When I first met Todoroki, I knew he didn't like his dad and it was obvious. He told me that he would never use his dad's fire and here we are.