Chapter 22: Interesting First Day

Warning: This chapter contains foul language.

Let's do a recap shall we?
Three days had passed and Midoriya was back, but Bakugo still had one more day. Midoriya had apologized and it was very intense to witness. We were told to take our seats, so I did as told and waited until dad began speaking again. He called someone in the room, and curiosity got to me and I looked at the door to see third years come in the room. I felt my eyes grow wide with shock. Why them of all people?!

Dad was giving an explanation on who they were and ended with "You may know them as The Big Three." I looked at the three of them, completely shocked. Mirio Togata, Nejire Hado, and Tamaki Amajiki. The Big Three. My older sibling's friends. That thought made me feel kinda down. Nobody had seen or heard from my older twin siblings in years. These three are the only connection to them I have. Nejire is my brother's mate, and he went against our house rules and marked her before they were in high school. Tamaki was my sister's mate, but he hasn't been marked yet. Mirio was the one that kept us as friends and insisted I hang out with them.

Dad wanted them to introduce themselves, but he made the mistake of starting with Tamaki. He was intensely staring at us and I could tell he was trying to make us look like potatoes. He started talking to the others, and turned around to face the wall. Nejire introduced Tamaki as the kitten of the group which sounded accurate to me. She then introduced herself and started asking everybody questions. She was always a curious person, glad to see that didn't change. She looked over at me, about to ask a question but stopped herself. "ABBY!!" I was then tackled into a giant hug by Nejire. She was laughing and saying how she missed talking to me and everything, but she refused to let go. I then hear Mirio say something, causing everybody to freeze and Nejire to hug me tighter.

He was talking about how we had no sense of humor and I got a sense that something bad was about to happen. Mirio then said that we should fight him all at once. We went and got ready to fight him, but the other members were saying that he shouldn't hurt us. I was agreeing with them, but our class just had to be confident in fighting. I really wanted to back out of this like Todoroki did, but I also want to show Mirio how good I can fight.

Everybody prepped themselves, but I knew what was about to happen and it wasn't going to be good. We started attacking him, but he was acting like this was a Saturday for him. I just stood behind and waited for them to get tired of fighting him before I took my shot. By the time he had punched everybody in the stomach, we were face to face. "Ready to fight me, Abby? It's been a while since I've seen you. I'm very curious about that quirk you got. Let's end that curiosity, shall we?" With that he ran towards me, attempting to get me in the gut, but I used his quirk and went through his fist. We fought like this for a while, one of us attacking and the other going through the attack, but we both decided that was enough fighting for the both of us. We could go on for hours, but thought it would be best to still have stamina for the day.

Everybody looked at me, clearly shocked, but I payed no attention to them and turned to Mirio. "I don't know about you, but that was one hell of a way to say hello to an old friend." The three of them laughed at me and I got a hug from each of them before my classmates started asking tons of questions. Nejire ran in front of them and said that Mirio's quirk was Permeation. Tamaki told Nejire to let Mirio explain his own quirk. I laughed at the two of them. They were like an old married couple sometimes. Mirio explained his quirk and said that he wanted to fight us so we learned through experience instead of words. He then went on to explain that during our internships, we were treated like guest, but during our work studies, we would be treated like sidekicks or even a pro. He said something along the lines of 'turn experience into power' and everybody started cheering for him when he was done with his speech.