Chapter 25: Missing You

Warning: This chapter contains foul language and is very sad!

Bakugo POV

I've stopped going to school. Ever since Abby was put in the hospital, I have refused to leave the hospital room she is in. Mr. Aizawa comes by everyday, gives me my assignments, talks to his daughter, and leaves shortly after. I guess I can't blame him for wanting to leave the room as soon as possible. Imagine what it would be like to get a random call from one of your students, only for them to tell you your daughter attempted to kill themselves. And to top it off, the doctors tell you that your daughter is in a coma and they don't know when they'll wake up. Abby has been in her coma for a few weeks now, but I barely pay attention to anything. Some people say that people in a coma can hear what you're saying, so when nobody is around I start talking to her as if she were awake. I tell her about how much I love her and wish she would wake up, to talking about how I'll marry her as soon as we graduate from being heroes, as long as she wakes up soon. The nurses and doctors have tried getting me to leave, but have realized that I wasn't going anywhere. I have been keeping my grades up, and leave for short periods of time to practice using my quirk and combat skills. I only do that a few minutes every day, so I'm slowly falling behind in class. I actually don't know what they do, but all I've seen have been reviews and things like that. Not too difficult, but for Abby, it would be a completely different story.

Right now I'm sitting by Abby and holding her hand. She is so pale that it makes me worry. Not many people come and visit her, though my 'family' comes and checks up on us every once in a while. My 'children' always end up being in tears at the sight of their 'mother' this way, and I feel the same. The 'uncles' hold the 'children,' but look like they're slowly dying inside as well. I feel like shit every time I get reminded of Abby's condition. I'm told that she's stable, but I feel like they are trying to get my hopes up by telling me she could wake up and day now. 

I always try and distract myself from sadness I feel by thinking of memories I have with her. As always, one memory in particular haunts my mind as I look at her beautiful face.

We had decided to take a break from all the training we were doing and get something to eat. "So, Bakugo, do you think I'm improving?" I nodded my head at her as I thought of something to say to her. We had been training hard for the sports festival, and Abby was super excited for some stupid reason. "So, Kit-Kat. Can we talk about the kiss?" I glared at her, but responded. "No, not here. Wait until we get to my house." She nodded her head and changed the subject. "So, do you sing? I've never heard you sing before." I gave her a look. "I can sing, I just choose not to. What about you, I've never heard you sing." She nodded her head and began singing. "I'll hold you when things go wrong~ I'll be with you from dusk till dawn~ I'll be with you from dusk till dawn~ Baby I'm right here~" I smirked at her, had to admit, she wasn't the worst singer out there. "Not bad, but I'm still not going to sing. Maybe one day, but not today." She smiled and nodded excitedly. "I can't wait for that day, Katsuki. But right now... race ya home!" I smirked  evilly at her. "Oh you're on."

"Abby, you need to wake up, alright? You still haven't heard me sing for you." I grabbed her hand and put my other hand up so it was cupping her face. "Please wake up." I felt tears slipping down my face as I looked at her attached to these machines. She looked horrible, but for her, I would stay strong, and I'm not leaving her anytime soon.

Emily POV

Today Abby was going to visit us, so I was excited, so when I heard the door open, I ran towards the door, so I could give Abby a hug. I stopped when I saw dad, but something was different. He looked sad. I tried to figure out why, but I don't think he wants to talk about it. "Daddy, where's Abby?" He looked down at me and smiled sadly. "Do you wanna see her?" I nodded my head, very excited to see her. "We'll go see her in a little bit, all of us, ok?" I nodded my head again and ran upstairs to tell my older twin siblings I didn't know I had. "Dad said we're going to see Abby, but I don't know where we going, ok?" Ashlynn, who said I can call her Lyyn, nodded her head while Ashy was asleep. "Ok, I'll wake Ash up and we'll get ready." I nodded my head and went to Abby's room to talk to her room. "I'm going to see the person that sleeps here. I'll be back soon, ok?" I didn't get a response, but I nodded my head anyways and went to my room to get ready.

When we were all ready, we got in the car and drove off. I watched outside the window and started humming to myself, while mommy and daddy spoke to each other quietly. Ashy and Lynn didn't really say anything, so I was super bored until the car slowed to a stop. I looked outside and got confused when I saw a hospital. "Why are we at a hospital? Is she visiting someone whose sick?" Nobody answered me as they got out of the car, so I did as well. When we walked in, the lady at the desk asked if we were visiting someone, and daddy said yes. The lady asked who, and daddy told them my sissy's name. Now I was more confused. Why is Abby at the hospital? They told dad how to get to her room, and I followed dad as he lead us to Abby. When we got to the door we stopped. "Emily, I think you should go inside first." I nodded my head slowly and opened the door and walked in. I saw Bakugo, who was looking very sad at whatever he was looking at. I followed his gaze and noticed who was in the hospital bed. "Abby? Why are you in bed?" I walked over to Bakugo, who picked me up when I was in his reach. I felt tears trying to escape my eyes, and I couldn't stop them as they began to fall. I was sobbing out my sister's name as Bakugo hugged me. I heard the others walking in the room, and the ladies all broke down at the sight while the guys held them up so they wouldn't fall to the ground.

When Bakugo set me down, he put me on Abby's bed, so I cuddled next to Abby, while she slept. I didn't really know how to feel as daddy explained that Abby was in a coma, and how they didn't know when she would wake up. I looked over to Bakugo, confused. "Baku, what is a coma?" Bakugo let out a small chuckle as he pulled me into his lap while he sat on the bed. "A coma is kind of like sleeping so your body can heal. Sometimes the people in them don't wake up from their sleep, others wake up and forget a lot of things. Most times, they wake up and nothing is wrong with them." I nodded my head, now understanding. "Do you think she'll wake up, Baku?" I felt him start petting my hair as he responded. "I don't think, I know she'll wake up. Your sister is tough. She'll wake up and be perfectly fine." I liked that answer and smiled and him. He tried to smile back, but he ended up looking even more sad, so I hugged him. He seemed to not mind because he didn't say anything, just continued to pet my hair.

~Time Skip~

Bakugo POV

I lost track of how long it's been since Abby jumped from the roof. Doctors come in often, but I pay them no mind. Her family comes in, and sometimes I'll let them have their privacy with her. Emily comes over often, because she likes seeing her sister, and she tries cheering me up from the sadness I feel. Emily will sometimes talk to Abby, other times she'll tell me things about Abby. I tell Emily some stories as well, but it seems too soon when she leaves, promising to come back the next day. Right now it was night and the doctors just finished their nightly check-up on Abby. I didn't feel tired, so I just talked to Abby while holding her hand. "I feel like there's no room for me. This place is so cramped sometimes that I just wanna blow that wall to smithereens." I gestured to the wall that had a window. "I can't do that, because you would tell me it was public property and I can't go breaking whatever I want. For you, I'll forget about my habits. You love all of me, but I still feel like I need to improve for you." I laid my head down in her lap and stayed quite for a while. "Abby, don't you ever feel like just, giving up?" After that sentence left my mouth, I felt Abby's hand twitch in my grasp.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey! I posted twice today! I'm amazing aren't I? Anyways, next chapter will have a lovely story to tell. 

Please vote on this chapter if you liked it, and comment how I could improve if you didn't enjoy it as much!

-Dissecting_Stein