Chapter 26: Waking Up

Keep in mind I've never been in a coma so some of these may not be true, so please correct me if I say something wrong.

Warning: This chapter contains swearing.

Abby POV

It was dark. I couldn't see anything. I could hear mumbles, but couldn't make out who it was or what they were saying. I don't remember what happened, but I feel like every fiber of my being wants to do the opposite of what I want it to. I'm tired, which is funny because I also feel like I'm asleep. I can't tell what's up and what's down, but I know that I should probably wake up from this nothingness of a dream. Suddenly, as if a switch in my mind was turned on, I could hear what the person was saying, and I could tell who it was. "Abby, do you ever feel like just, giving up?" I wanted to hold his hand as Bakugo said that, but I felt like my limbs were made of the heaviest thing on earth. I wanted to open my eyes, but again, my eyelids felt like they were made of lead. I slowly, but surely, opened my eyes and looked at the beautiful face of my boyfriend. He looks sad, but I don't know why. Did I do or say something that made him sad? "Abby?" I watched as Bakugo's gaze drifted from my hand to my face. I wanted to say something, or even nod my head, but my body refused to listen to my commands.

I watched Bakugo's face change from one of sadness, to one of pure joy, but tears were falling from his eyes. He hugged my body, but I was sad I couldn't hug back. "I missed you, Abby." I missed him too, so bad, but I don't remember what happened. "Bakugo suddenly pulled back and looked at me sternly. "If you ever pull that shit again, I swear to God I'll kick your ass." I got confused at his statement. Do what again? He reached over and did something, and sat back in his chair. A few moments of silence later, a lady came in, and she looked annoyed. "I thought I told you to call us for emergencies, not to get you food." Bakugo glared at the lady. "And I thought I told your sorry ass that I can get my own damn food. If you would look at your surroundings, you'd realize why I called you." The lady looked over at me, and got a look of shock on her face as she ran out of the room, screaming that I was awake.

A few moments after the woman ran out, I looked around the room, with what movement I could use, and discovered that I was in a hospital. Why would I be in the hospital? What happened? I heard the door open again, but when I looked over, I noticed a man, who I assume was the doctor, talking to Bakugo, who nodded his head and turned towards me. "I have to go, but I'll be outside the room to call your parents, alright?" I tried to respond, but I couldn't, so I just stared at him as he left the room.

I turned my attention to the doctor once Bakugo left the room, and he looked at something before he spoke up. "So normally I would have you blink while I ask yes or no questions, but first I want to see if you can use telepathy on me." I closed my eyes and concentrated on the doctor and his appearances. I focused on how his head might work. I felt a sort of connection, and I knew that I could communicate with him. I can use telepathy. The doctor smiled. "Wonderful, now I want you to answer these questions that I have set up for you. Do you remember what happened?" I thought about it for a minute, trying to remember, but it began giving me a headache. No, I can't remember. The doctor wrote something down on his clipboard. "Alright. Do you know who that was that left the room? If yes, who is he?" Yes, I do remember him. He's my boyfriend. The doctor smiled as he wrote something on his computer again. "I'll have to come back later and ask some more questions, but this is the last one for now. Are you depressed and/or suicidal?" I was about to answer, but his statement made me pause. What kind of question was that? Does it have something to do with why I'm in the hospital? Yes, doctor, I am depressed. I don't think I'm suicidal.  The doctor nodded his head. "Alright. You have some slight amnesia, but other than that, you seem to be in wonderful physical condition. I'll speak to your parents about getting you something to help with your amnesia and maybe something to help with your depression, alright?" With that, the doctor left the room, and shortly after, Bakugo came in.