Chapter 24: From Fun Times, to Bad Times

Warning: This chapter contains foul language, mentions of suicide, and some sadness.

Abby POV

I woke up from my sleep, feeling a wave of strong heat attack me. I didn't think much of it, until the warmth attacked me in waves mercilessly. Shit, I'm going into heat. I whimpered to myself as I crawled out of my bed and went to Katsuki's room. I opened the door to his closet and made a spot for me to fit. I grabbed a pillow from his side of the bed and went into the closet, closing the door. One thing I hated about going into heat was that no matter how hard I tried to calm it, I ran entirely on instinct for about a week. I never fully experienced a proper heat, until I met Bakugo, but I had similar experiences. There are moments in time when I'll run on primal instincts even if I'm not in heat. A wonderful example of this is when I escapes from the League of Villains. I didn't know what I was doing, I just did what I needed to do in order to get out safely. I suddenly heard the door to the room open and was hit with the smell of Bakugo. "Abby? Are you in here?" I made a small noise to answer his question. I heard the door close as Bakugo walked closer to the closet. "Please don't open the door. I'm nesting." I could practically hear the whimper in my voice as I spoke. I heard a small thud as Bakugo sat on the ground in front of the closet door. "You're what?" I sighed deeply, remembering how I never actually told Bakugo a lot about heat. "I'm nesting. It's something wolves do when their first in heat. Some even nest during pre-heat. They grab items that smell familiar to them and they put all the items together to calm themselves of the heat urges." I heard Bakugo gulp slightly at my explanation. "Would you be more comfortable if I left?" I shook my head vigorously. "No. I want you to stay here, just don't open the door. I might pounce on you if you do. But could you get me my phone please?" As soon as the words left my mouth, Bakugo slid my phone under the crack in the door as I thanked him. I instantly got onto my messaging app and text the class groupchat.

Class 1-A

Wolfie

Hey y'all. Just letting ya know Bakugo and I physically cannot go to school today

Bakuhoe

Speak for yourself, dumbass

Wolfie

But Katsukiiiii

If I can't go, whose gonna take care of me 😖

Queen Mina

I'll take care of you, bestie!

Wolfie

No, only Thotsuki Bakuhoe can take care of me 😤

Spiderman

Wait... Why aren't you going to school??

Pika-Pika

Yeah! Who am I going to send memes to during class?!

Wolfie

Awww Kami... You can still send me memes. You just won't be graced with the presence of my beautiful face

Pika-Pika

...

Really fam?