Chapter 9: Mock Battles

Warning: This chapter contains swearing, violence, and mentions of innocent Abby not being so innocent.

Abby's POV

Today was supposed to be what would be considered a normal day at UA, but it was obvious that it wasn't going to be normal by the time we got into class after lunch. I only know this, because on a normal day, my dad would be in the classroom, napping away until someone woke him up. This time around, he was nowhere to be in sight in the classroom. I decided to ignore it and take my seat.

Suddenly I heard a voice that I had grown used to hearing, whether on TV or in real life, it was the voice of the number one pro hero, All Might. "I AM COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!" He says this, but he came in the room nothing like a normal person. He was leaning forward and looked like he was trying to imitate someone flying from the ground. I had never wanted to laugh at my uncle more than I did in that moment.

I could hear people talking about All Might and how amazing he was and that he was wearing his silver age costume and so on and so forth. Over the years, I had grown used to people praising my uncle and talking about how amazing he was. I could tell All Might was trying to be dramatic about what we were doing today because he stood awkwardly while talking and saying whatever needed to be said before he moved and held a card that said 'battle' on it. There we go, that's what we were doing, but All Might said we needed to have something to do this exercise, our hero costumes.

All I'm saying is that I'm glad I changed my necklace, so the charm was 'She-Wolf' today. I'm happy the world worked out for me in such great ways. I skipped up to the case holding our costumes, grabbed mine, and skipped my way to the girl's locker room. I decided not to wait before everybody, but simply get dressed before the other girls got there. I had luckily accomplished my task in getting what I needed before they entered, all I had to do was get my boots on.

Once that task had finally been accomplished, I made my way out of the changing room to the training grounds that we would be doing this training at. We went in order of rank, so I had to enter first anyways so this whole thing was fairly convenient for me. Once everybody had arrived, I began to admire people's costumes. I quietly told Midoriya that his costume was obvious that it was a representation of All Might, but I don't think he cared.

All Might quieted everybody and told us what the scenario was. The villains had a bomb, and the heroes were to either get a hold of the weapon, or capture both the villains to win. The villains had to hold off the heroes until time runs out or capture both heroes to win. "Now since there are an odd number, Young Abigail will be in the first match playing the role of her choice." Before he could tell who was going to be participating in the first round, I said that I wanted to be on the hero side. When he drew the names, I found out that Bakugo and Iida were villains, and Uraraka, Midoriya, and I were going to be the heroes.

This was going to be a fight mainly between Midoriya and Bakugo with me trying to stop them from killing each other. My eyes turned purple, showing my worry for both of their safety. The three of us heroes made our way to where we were going to prepare for the mock battle. I think Midoriya felt bad for having to drag us both into a fight that was clearly his. "Oh, it's fine Midoriya. I've only been dragged into these sort of things since we were children." That seemed to make him feel worse. "Midoriya, it really is fine. I did promise that I wasn't going to let Bakugo put you down no matter what. You're just going to have to get over it and focus on winning this mock battle." Uraraka agreed with me and made Midoriya feel better about himself and make him confident enough to make him think that he can beat Bakugo, which I truly think he can.