Chapter 30: School Festival

Abigail POV

Everyone was practicing for the concert since we had the free time. I was with the dance team at the moment, talking with Mina about some of the ideas that we had with the group. Since I could communicate with anybody telepathically, it was convenient and efficient for me to be with the dance group so we could talk over the ideas. While the rest of the special effects team is talking about our plans, if anything comes up that we need to talk with the dance team about I'm right there to talk with Mina. The band team is inside, so if they were needed for anything then it the rest of the group didn't have to go far. I was sitting on the steps, watching my classmates learn to dance, but my mind wasn't there. It was back to my weird dream. I haven't told anybody about it because I can barely make sense of it. Bakugo just thinks I had another nightmare about the League, so he didn't ask for details. I sighed, looking towards the bushes to see Mirio trying to hide. Eri was standing there as well, and Mirio made some type of pun about peaches or something while his butt stuck out from the bushes. I stood up, walking over to Eri and crouching down near her. "Hey, Eri. It's nice seeing you again." She waved at me, stepping closer to me as everyone else started approaching. Dad was explaining that in order to reduce stress they were going to show her around now so that she would be somewhat familiar with the layout before the actual festival. 

And so the tour began. Eri held onto Mirio's uniform for dear life, but my finger that she was also holding wasn't in much better shape. The more we walked around, the more comfortable she got. That is, until we ran into a dragon prop, which scared her and me as well. Monoma was one of the people holding it, so he was taunting us, but we ignored him and made sure Eri was alright. One of his classmates whacked him with a stick and said that Kendo, who I'm assuming was the girl that was with him all the time, was busy with the beauty pageant. That brought us to the where people were preparing for said pageant, and where I saw an interesting sight. "Ashlynn?!" My older sister stopped whatever it was she was doing and turned towards us, stepping closer. "Oh hey Abby! Ashton's here somewhere too, ever since we were allowed to attend classes, he's been following Nejire like a lost puppy." Some footsteps approached, and we both turned to see Ashton. "Oh like you're any better, Lynn. You've been stuck to Tamaki's side nonstop! I swear it's like you can't show any restraint." I laughed at the twins, realizing after all these years little has changed between them. "Why must you guys be this way? Just admit you're both clingy and get over it." Both of them looked at each other, coming up with the same idea. "I bet you're the worst out of the three of us, Abigail. Last time we saw you two he was carrying you like your legs were broken." I smirked. "Excuse me do you see a blonde guy with anger issues anywhere nearby? No so therefore I have more restraint than you do." They both rolled their eyes, pulling me into a hug. "Guess we just have too much love to contain." I tried pulling away from the two, but they wouldn't let me. "Let me go you weirdos. I'm going to tell dad all about this later." They laughed in unison, only tightening their hold. "Not a chance. We're going to hold you here forever." Eventually Mirio pulled the two off of me, saying we were moving on to something else. "Are your siblings always like that, Abby?" I walked out of the room, shrugging my shoulders. "They were when we were younger. I have a feeling they're just acting that way because of what happened. Not just with me, but their kidnapping. I'm starting to think they don't want me to see them so vulnerable." Eri grabbed my hand again, bringing a small smile to my face. "They've always been like that. Hiding how they really feel. Something about being an older sibling makes them want you to only see their strong sides and not their weak ones. At least, that's how I see it." Mirio was right, they always hid how they truly felt from me.

I brushed off the sad feeling as we continued to tour Eri around the school, ending at the cafeteria. I pretty much zoned out on the conversations, but was knocked out of my thoughts by Midnight placing a hand on my shoulder. "You're looking a little pale. Are you feeling alright? I can get your dad to take you to the dorms." I shook my head. "Thanks for the concern, Midnight. I'm fine, just lost in thought." She nodded, walking away. Midoriya and I had to get back to practicing and stuff, so we said our goodbyes and left to continue practicing. Throughout the days, Midoriya would train with All Might so that he could get better at One for All, but I rarely joined them. Instead I worked on trying to deflect quirks, but it was more difficult than I thought. Some quirks are easier to manipulate than others, so it's been a bit of a struggle. I was sitting in the common room of the dorms, thinking about how I could improve my ultimate move, when Momo offered tea for everyone. She directed at me that it would help with stress, so I was quick to grab some. "I thought you didn't like tea all that much, Abby?" I looked over at Mina, shrugging as I took a sip of the tea. Momo also turned and joined our conversation. "That is true. You typically drink coffee that you somehow get from your dad." They weren't wrong. Sometimes my dad packed around a thermos filled with coffee, and I would get a cup of it from him most of the time. "Yeah, but I still like tea. Doesn't matter either way, caffeine doesn't affect me much. My quirk burns away caffeine in like 20 minutes if it isn't special made." That seemed to impress them, but I quickly realized something. "I mentioned quirks and Deku hasn't sprung forward to hear more about it... That's a bit weird." I walked closer to where he was muttering to himself on the couch. He was scrolling rapidly on his phone, which was kinda concerning. "Uhh Deku... You alright there buddy?" His head practically snapped in my direction. "Abby! You're All Might's niece, you must have a picture of him with a support item!" I blinked in shock, thinking about his words for a minute. "I heard he used one a long time ago, but I don't think I was old enough to see it in person. And I don't think I've seen a picture of it... Sorry." Deku deflated, going back to scrolling on his phone. "Wait... if anybody would have a picture of it, then my mom would. Hold on I'll ask her about it." Pulling out my phone, I quickly asked my mom about it. "We'll be waiting a while before she responds, she'll send a picture if she has one." He nodded, so I took a seat next to him, but my statement drew attention towards us. "What makes you so sure your mom would have a picture?" I gently set the teacup with the little plate on the table in front of me before listing off reasons. "Well my mom is All Might's sister. She took pictures of anything and everything. She has several photo albums full of stuff from when he was first being a hero. Trust me, if anybody has a picture, it's her." Everyone sat around, some taking places on the floor. "I never knew All Might had a sister. That must be cool to be related to such a popular hero by blood." I shook my head, denying it.