Chapter 23: Gaining What Was Lost

Enjoy my weird ass image edit I did for the hell of it.

Warning: This chapter contains foul language, mentions of torture and death, and because I'm so nice I might have added a little bit of lemon...

Ashlynn POV

Ashton couldn't get ahold of Abby. It upset me, but I don't blame him, we haven't been able to communicate with anybody we try. The both of us have tried our parents more than once, we've tried Abby several times as well. I've tried to get ahold of Tamaki, hut since I never marked him, we don't have a strong mating bond. I tried to have Ash communicate with Nejire, since he already marked her, but he refused to.

I was stressed, and it was becoming more obvious as the days go on. Ash would try his hardest to help me calm down, but it never worked. I just wanted someone to come save us, but it seemed hopeless at this point. With that thought in mind, I lied down on the ground and tried falling asleep. That is, until I heard Ashton speak up. "If we leave, sorry when we leave, what is going to be the first thing you do?" I sat up and thought for a moment before answering. "I would go see Tamaki and mark him. What about you?" He took a minute to answer the question. "I think I would go see our old friends, finish the mating process with Nejire, and spend time with our family." There was a moment of silence before I spoke up. "I miss them, all of them." I heard Ash hum. "Yeah, I do too." With that the two of us went to sleep.

Abby POV

Today for our work study with Nighteye, we were going on patrol and were told to look out for this dude whose name I can't remember. Midoriya, Mirio, and I were stuck with each other and Mirio explained his hero name and such. I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying. After a bit of walking, this little girl runs out of an alleyway and runs right into Midoriya and I. We all stopped to make sure she was alright. Out of nowhere, this man walks out, seeming to follow the child. They both have similar scents, so they probably live together. He claims to be her father, but he doesn't seem like it. I was sniffing the two of them, trying to get a good idea of what their scent is. This guy is the one that Nighteye said to look out for, but we tried to play it off like we didn't know who he was. When I was smelling the two, I caught a whiff of something similar. It took me a minute to place the smell, but when I did, I felt horror creep into my body and soul. This man's scent has Ashton and Ashlynn. It's faint, but it's there.

We all walked into the alley while Chisaki, the older man, talked about the girl. He started taking off one of his gloves and the little girl, whose name I discovered to be Eri, ran towards him. They left without much of a fight from us. When we got out of the alley, I began to feel sick. Why did he have my sibling's scents on him? Did he hurt them? Did he kill them? No, they can't be dead. I have a feeling that they are still alive. The boys I was patrolling with asked questions about how I was doing because I looked pale, but I told them I was fine and we went on our way.

A little while after that encounter, I felt a headache coming on, just like the one before. I ignored the pain and tried focusing on something else. Abby. Ok that was much more clear than the last time I heard it. I decided to respond. Can I help you with something, stranger? And how did you know my name? Not long after I got a response. Thank fucking god that we got through. We were beginning to lose hope. What do you mean by that? We've been trying to communicate with you for who knows how long. I know I got a break through yesterday, but I didn't want us getting our hopes up. That doesn't tell me who you are. Oh shit yeah, sorry. You probably don't recognize my voice since we haven't talked in years. Ok so I know this person and we haven't talked in a long time. That narrows it down to about ten people. Be more specific, or better yet, tell me your name. Yeah... Well this is going to be difficult for you to believe, but this is Ashton, your brother. I stopped walking entirely. Ashton? My brother? He's still alive? How are you still alive, Ashy? I told you not to call me that. You know I never liked that nickname. I know, just messing with you.