Chapter 5: Training for UA High

Warning: Mention of self harm, lots of blood, and bad language.

Abby's POV

On my way out of the door, mom stopped me to talk to me. "Abigail, honey, can we talk before you go?" I turn around and notice that she is looking a bit nervous. I smile to her and nod. "Yeah mom, what's on your mind?"

"It's about your quirk... Has it manifested yet? I know that it should have asked yesterday but I just needed to comprehend what was happening before I asked anything." I smiled at her and was about to respond before I noticed a huge scar that was on her left cheek. She must have noticed my staring because she started to explain how she got it. "When you were just a kid, before you and your uncle left for America, you had grown sharp claws from freaking out and you just... got out of control. I tried to calm you down, but you attacked me, and I got this scar. I know what you are thinking, and I don't blame you for doing something that you had no control over. I was the same way when I was younger. I would sometimes gain control over my quirk, but it didn't completely manifest until I was around 10."

I looked up at her with shock. How did she know? Because I already said, I went through the same thing. I screamed hearing the voice that was in my head. It sounded like my mom. "WHAT THE HELL?!?!" I thought that my mom was going to yell at me because I cursed, which she doesn't like, but instead she just looked at me calmly. "It's something that is common between people with quirk that are similar to ours."

Out of nowhere dad ran outside with Emily close behind him. Dad seemed like normal considering that he's a pro hero, but Emily was completely out of breath. "What... happened... we heard screaming." Mom and I looked at each other and she gave me a small nod. Run and I will tell your dad everything. Be safe, I love you. I love you too mom. So, I did what my mom told me to, I ran.

I could tell that dad was trying to chase after me because I could hear footsteps but then they stopped, mom probably stopped him from chasing after me. I didn't look back to see what happened because mom wanted me to not stop, not until I got to my destination. I ran until I arrived at a beach that I remember looked beautiful when I was younger. It was now covered with garbage.

The current probably brought all of this here. I thought to myself before beginning my search for Midoriya and All Might. I felt like I was walking forever before some sounds entered my ears. It was a sound that had sounded so unique that I could not mistake it for anything else.

It was the sound of screaming, not when someone is terrified, oh no, it is the scream that one would make if they were in extreme agony. Memories started to flood back to me like a tidal wave. All I could think about was the sounds of others in pain, and then guilt began to course through me. Everyone in those same hellish conditions as me were still there possibly in worse conditions than before now that their 'favorite toy' was gone.

I began to scream loudly and say over and over again how sorry I was for leaving them behind. I was so caught up in the screams that I didn't notice that Midoriya and All Might were trying to calm me down. When the memories decided they were going to stop tormenting me, I calmed down and faced two males with faces that showed worry, something I haven't seen on any man in quite a while.

"Are you alright, Abby? You were screaming about being sorry for leaving somebody behind." I sighed, knowing that there was no way around it, I was just not ready to tell anybody, not even my dad, about this. "Look, I'm fine. I'll tell you guys when I'm ready. I just need time to collect my own thoughts on it before I go and tell people." That seemed to hit the bullseye, or they noticed how uncomfortable it made me, because neither of them asked me about it.