I'll save you.

"I dont want to hurt people anymore." A young girl around 7 years of age, mumbled to herself. She has a brown short hair, wearing a plain white sleeveless knee length dress, barefooted, and she's standing by the river bank. It was raining really hard and the thunder keeps on rolling up in the sky. The river is gushing really mad with some big branches flowing with it. The girl took a step into the raging river and was engulfed by the big wave.

I want to stop hurting everybody. I dont want this kind of power. It would be better if I die instead.

The girl let herself be flown away by the river and a big branch hit her head that made the girl totally loose her consciousness. The water around her was stained with her blood because of the cut on her head.

Suddenly, a hand reached out for her and pulled her up from the water. It was a boy, who looks a bit older than her. This boy pulled her out from the water, he tied a vine on his waist and the other end was tied to a tree supporting himself and preventing him from being taken away by the angry river.

The boy was able to pull her up and carried her over the shore. He was huffing and catching his breath. He leaned over to the girl and placed his ears on her chest. He immediately pumped it and listened to her heartbeat again. He did this alternately but he's still not getting any response from the girl. Then he lifted her nose a bit and held her chin and the boy started resuscitating her. After that he pumped the chest again and did the resuscitation again when the girl flinched and started coughing.

The girl coughed a lot of water. The boy felt relieved when he saw the girl was okay but the cut on her head started bleeding again. The boy immediately tore some piece of cloth from the girl's dress and tied it around the forehead of the girl to atleast stop the bleeding. The boy carried the girl on his back and walked fast away from the river.

The door opened wide and the family inside whose taking their dinner got surprised. "Mother! Father! Help!" The boy who saved the girl shouted for help. Then another boy, whose a lot taller than him stood up and helped him. "Reisi, who's that girl?" The other boy asked while he took her off of Reisi's back. Reisi slumped himself on the chair and breathing heavily in turns.

"Taishi, be careful with her head. She had a big cut there." Reisi said to the taller boy. Taishi nodded and their mom stood up too. "Let me take care of that."

There are voices around me. But...its a bit garbled.

The girl flinched as the mother treats her wound. Her eyebrows furrowed and bit her lip. "There, there, little girl. Its almost done." The mother assured her while putting the bandage around her head. The girl half open her eyes and she slowly turned to her right.

"Wh-who are you?" The girl spoke. But her vision is all blurry and all she could see are silhouettes. "Wh-why...d-did you save me?" Then she closed her eyes again. The family who helped her was a bit surprised and just looked at each other. "Well, that's kinda surprising for her age." The mother commented. "C'mon boys, dinner will get cold. Let her rest." Reisi and Taishi looked at each other puzzled. Taishi shrugged his shoulder then followed his mother but Reisi remained standing infront of the girl.

Before the mother could leave the room she looked back and walked over to Reisi. She placed her hands on Reisi's shoulder and placed her face on level with him. "She'll be alright." Reisi got surprised with what his mother said. He just looked at his mother then to the girl. His mother smiled and lead Reisi out of the room.

2 days had passed and the girl was still asleep. For the past 2 nights that she's sleeping, Reisi was restless. He kept watching over the girl. His mom would even ask him to take a rest and made him take turns with Taishi.

It was the 3rd night that girl was sleeping and Reisi insisted on staying beside the girl. His mother agreed and prepared a futon next to the bed for Reisi. As Reisi lay down facing the girl, he just stared at her. "You look so sad even when your asleep. What's the matter?" Then Reisi fell asleep.

****

I'm drowning. I'm running out of air. Am I gonna die like this? I think thats much better than be hated by everyone.

I hate this... I dont want to die. Please, somebody save me.

****
In the middle of the night...

"Hey, hey." Reisi was shaking the girl's shoulder. The girl opened her eyes and gasped for air as if she's drowning. She clutched onto Reisi's shirt and struggled. "Help!! They're gonna kill me!! Help!!" Her tears were flowing nonstop and she's trembling a lot. She was still clutching onto Reisi. "Please help me!!" She pleaded. Reisi took a firm hold on her shoulders and hugged her tight. "Its okay. I-I'm here!! Youre safe here. Its alright."

The girl's eyes widened and she stopped trembling but her tears were still continously flowing. "Its alright." Reisi whispered near on the girl's ears. The girl just crouched in Reisi's arms as he hugged her.

"Its alright. I'll save you." Reisi whispered once more.

************ ************ ************ ************

A/N

Arrrggghhh!!!! Its like the nth time I drafted this. Hahahahaha....I kept on thinking what would be the best plot that will fit Munakata's character.

But thanks a lot, I made a lot of reading and watching, and voila!!! A plot has been created.

Please enjoy reading. This might be a bit slow because I have work and other stories to update.

Arigato gozaimasu mina!!

I do not own "K" and its characters. Credits belong to the creators of "K".

This is just a fanfic created by a fan made for the fans.

Please enjoy reading "That Forgotten Promise". Starring the Blue King himself, Munakata Reisi and OC.

Once you read it, please let me know your thoughts.

( ˘▽˘)っ♨