That forgotten promise.

A month ago, the second war between Kings occurred. It was between the Green King and the alliance of Blue, Silver and Red Kings.

Munakata Reisi, the Blue King, started to lose control of his powers after he killed the former Red King. He kept the Slate in control however couldn't stop the Green King from taking it.

The Slate that is in the possession of Hisui Nagare, the Green King, manipulated the slate, making people a strain with uncontrollable abilities in Tokyo.

With the help of Isana Yashiro the Silver King and Kushina Anna the new Red King, they were able to minimize the trouble and wreckage of the city. However, they still can't stop the Slate from going berserk.

Nanami, the only Strain that has a power equivalent to a King but not chosen as one, put herself on the line to stop the Dresden Slate. She used up her powers to contain and destroy the Slate, killing her in the process.

With the Dresden Slate destroyed, all the supernatural abilities that plagued the city disappeared. Slowly, the powers of the Kings disappeared.

Seeing his worn down Damocles slowly disappear from the sky, Nanami's sacrifice saved his life and he couldn't do anything about it. He wept for the death of the person he loved the most. Everyone did. They have won the war but they lost someone very important to them.

As the other Kings' Damocles slowly disappears, a golden ray of light appeared before. With the remaining powers of the Slate, it gave birth to the new Gold King, and it chose Nanami. With the Gold Sword of Damocles appearance, Munakata found Nanami alive but severely injured.

Nanami survived thanks to the powers of the Slate, choosing her as the Gold King that gave her chance to live again giving Munakata and everyone relief.

****

"Nanami, are you ready?" Munakata asked as he fixes the wheelchair's cushion and pushed closer to the curtain.

"Y-yeah... I guess so..." Nanami hesitantly replied as she shoves the curtain. She was wearing a light blue off-shoulder dress that's up to her knees with her hair tied up into a bun.

Munakata gave her a smile and took something out of his pocket. It was a clip adorned with butterfly wings. "Beautiful..." He said and smiled. Munakata helped Nanami get on to her wheelchair.

"I can already walk, Munakata-san..." Nanami shyly said but despite this, Munakata still helped her to sit on the wheelchair.

"You mustn't force yourself or you might hurt yourself again." Munakata said. "Remember when you tried so hard to walk even though you could barely stand on your crutches."

Nanami blushed remembering that incident. She got a lot of scolding not only from Munakata but with Awashima too.

Today, Nanami's officially discharged from the hospital after 3 months of in confinement and rehabilitation of her legs. After the Gold Sword of Damocles appeared, Munakata found her under the rubble with her legs squished by huge debris. Alive but severely injured, Nanami was able to survive that crucial moment and here she is now, able to walk, though with care, can now go home.

As they drive thru the city going to the Kokujoji residence in the countryside, Nanami sits in the passenger seat with Munakata beside her. Her eyes are fixated outside, her thoughts somehow lost. While Munakata is busy with his laptop working on some work stuff. Nanami kept looking back to Munakata and then would look back to the window. She heaved a deep sigh that took Munakata's attention off from his work.

"What's the matter? Aren't you excited to go back home?" Munakat asked.

Nanami turned to Munakata avoiding his eyes. "I... I don't know..." She placed her hands on her lap enclosed to one another. "A lot has changed." She said. "I feel like... I missed many things since then. And... going back to my father's house... is a bit..." Nanami paused trying to think of the right word for her thoughts.