Forsake

"What are you doing?" Munakata asked grabbing Nanami's hands off from the Slate. Nanami, feeling all weak just looked at him, she slowly stood up from the floor and she felt Munakata's aura grew stronger. She looked up and saw from the glass ceiling the Blue Sword of Damocles then she looked back to the King.

"Munakata-san your..." She was cut off. "I know..." Munakata stated then he turned his back and walked away. Nanami just looked at him with sad eyes then averted her eyes down on the floor. "Nanami..." She jolted when she heard him say her name. She took a gulp and shut her eyes tightly. "I'm sorry." She opened her eyes and slowly looked up.

"There's nothing to be sorry about, Munakata-san." Nanami said. "I told you there's nothing to be sorry about!" Nanami unconsciously raised her voice, but that didn't move Munakata's stoic face. She looked back at the Slate turning her back from the King. "Why are you here?" Munakata faced her and asked. Nanami kept her stance and glued her eyes on the Slate. "I remembered something. When my father was still alive...he used to get mad at me whenever I'm sneaking in here." She started and Munakata seriously listening to her.

She was keeping her hands from touching the Slate and bit her lower lip. "I didn't understand why...but as I managed to control my abilities... I started to realize why he wouldn't want me to go near here." She suddenly faced Munakata. "Munakata-san... I'm sure you wouldn't agree. But I can definitely help you with your war against JUNGLE." She looked back again to the Slate. "The Slate. It gave me this power to restrain it. I can use my powers to sustain the Slate."

"Nanami... The Slate has given a lot of people powers. Strains and Kings. Our powers came from this Slate. Anyone would feel attracted to the Slate." Munakata explained. "No... It's different Munakata-san." She unconsciously took a step forward and her hands reaching out to the Slate. "It's calling me. My purpose of having this kind of power is to prevent the King's war." She held her hands out closer to the Slate.

"I..." Nanami got cut off when she suddenly felt warmth around her. She snapped out of it when she felt a pair of arms snaked around her body. And the ticklish warm breath on her neck. The scent of mint. She started to blush realizing who it was. "Nanami... Don't do this." Munakata whispered behind her ears.

"The Slate drains the power of the wielder. If you did that, it will kill you." He took a deep breath and hugged Nanami tighter. "I can't afford to lose you to the Slate. I won't let you sacrifice yourself for this worthless fight." He buried his face on Nanami's neck and the hug became even tighter and warmer. "M-Munakata-san...?" Tears are threatening to fall. Her heart's beating faster. At that moment she wanted to close her eyes and shut her ears. She knew where this is going. Munakata isn't like this. He's the kind of guy to put his role as a King first than his own feelings.

"Nanami... I love you."

Upon hesring this, she couldn't hold it any longer. The tears she's trying to prevent from falling started waterfalls on her cheek. She covered her mouth to prevent her sob from escaping. She has longed for this but at the same time doesn't want to hear it. She had long given up.

"I love you so much that I'm so scared that if I did...I might end up hurting you more." He let go of Nanami and made her turn his way. Nanami was still crying and tried to hide her face but Munakata cupped her face and made her look at him. As Nanami stare at his majestic blue eyes, she wanted to resist but his eyes are really captivating. Her mind's all set to give up on him but her heart has just forsaken her.

Their faces came closer.

Munakata had closed his eyes and gave Nanami a passionate kiss as he lowered his hands on her waist and pulled her closer to his body. Nanami closed her eyes really tight and she hugged Munakata back.

After that...slowly, they inched their faces away from one another and stared only at each other's eyes leaving Nanami's face beet red. Munakata enclosed her to a hug and snuggled his face on Nanami's neck. Nanami kept crying on Munakata's. "I...love...you too, Munakata-san."

~=~=~=~