The New King

**Nanami's POV**

"It was like everything was a dream." I mumbled but when I realized what I was talking about I opened my eyes. I was sitting on a couch. A black and red couch that is so familiar to me. The only furniture at home that's western from our traditional japanese house.

"Oh, did you have a good sleep my child?" An old man's voice greeted me. And I know who that was. So I turned my head and saw him, my father, the Gold King. He was sitting on a futon and drinking his cup of tea.

"Father?" I exclaimed. And he just smiled at me. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in the tower?" I asked.

But I didn't get any response from him right away.

"How about you? What are you still doing here?" He smiled at me and took a sip from his cup of tea.

I just frowned and pouted at his answer. The smile on his face is the same as before when he's trying to hide something from me.

"Aren't you gonna go back yet? He's waiting for you, you know?." Father said. I was surprised and confused at the same time. I tilted my head a bit and gave him a confused look.

"Why? Go back where? And who's waiting for me?" I asked. I really don't know what he's talking about.

"Him. The most important person in your life." He replied.

My head's aching with all this mysteries. I don't even know who is he talking about. I just turned my back on him and ignored what he's saying. But when I turned back he's gone and everything's black.

"Father?!" I shouted. "Where are you?" I'm starting to get scared. I suddenly found myself standing on top of the water. I look around and didn't see anyone. The couch is gone too. My father whom I was just talking to is gone.

I started to panic and run, not knowing where I am running to or what direction.

"Father?! Where are you?!" I shouted again but the water's creeping up to my knees and I started running again.

"Help me!! Anybody!!" I shouted. But the water is rapidly rising up to my knees. I ran again but its only slowing me down until I tripped and fell on the water.

I tried to reach above the water as I hold my breath but I feel like something's pulling me down. My body's growing heavy and I'm running out of air.

Until I couldn't hold on any longer, I just closed my eyes and hoped for someone to help me. I thought of someone but I can't call his name. I don't remember.

I don't know who he is but his silhouette is the only thing I can see from beyond the water. What's his name? Who is he? But I have no choice. "Save me." I thought and shut my eyes.

"Nanami." A man's voice called my name. "Nanami. Grab my hand."

I opened my tightly shut eyes and saw a hand reaching out to me. "Who?" I thought. But without second thought I held my hands out and reached for his hand.

I can't see his face. But he looked familiar. He grabbed my hand, pulled me out of the water and held me. What surprised me is that he hugged me tightly.

"I'm glad you're alive." He whispered to my ears. His voice was shaky and he's crying.
Why would he cry for me?

This minty scent. I know this smell. Its so familiar. I tried to open my eyes but they are so heavy. My body feels so heavy, or much like, sore. My body's in so much pain.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and I gave in to my eyes. Besides, his smell is very comforting. I just feel like sleeping in his arms. I'll just thank him later when I wake up.

**end of POV**

As the Swords of Damocles slowly disappears from the sky, a golden ray of light appeared just on top of the rubbles. This caught everybody's attention. Munakata looked up and he slowly stood up and when he realized what's appearing behind that ray of light, he averted his attention down to the rubbles and he immediately headed towards it.

"Captain!" Awashima shouted for him. But when she looked up, her eyes grew wide with what's appearing on the sky.

"That's..." Shiro mumbled to himself as he fix his gaze on the sky with Neko and Kuro just staring at it.

"It's Gold." Anna softly spoke earning a surprised and confused looks from her clansmen.

==~==