Least Expected

Everyone gathered in the lecture hall lead by Yashiro the Silver King. Nanami was sitting in the far end of the hall, away from SCEPTRE4s and HOMRAs, discussed the details of their plan against JUNGLE.

"Okay, if you have any questions or clarifications please let me know. Thank you." Yashiro announced. Everyone was about to stand up and Yashiro's about to step down from the stage when Nanami suddenly spoke.
"I would like to help too!" She announced. Everyone got surprised with what she said. "Nanami..." Yashiro exclaimed. Nanami walked down the lecture hall. "I want to help." She repeated herself.

"You can't." Munakata bluntly said, he's still sitting in his chair with his arms crossed on his chest. "If you exhaust yourself, you'll be an added burden to everyone. Your powers takes toll in your body, so you can't." He added. "Uhmm.. Munakata-san.." Yashiro tried to stop Munakata from saying harsh things. "Yashiro-kun... I'm only stating the fact. I've seen her use her powers before but her body pays for it."

Nanami remained standing on the isle all frozen and quivering. Her fist were clenched, eyebrows furrowed and her lip bit. "You're wrong!!" She shouted. "You're wrong Munakata-san! My father told me once that my powers were granted to me for a specific reason and that is to save lives. So, if anyone gets injured, I'll be on standby to heal them." She exclaimed and she looked at everyone.

Munakata stood up from his place. "No." Then he walked towards the isle where Nanami is and stood in front of her. "Don't be such a stubborn kid. This is not child's play, Nanami. You'll just be an added responsibility to everyone." Then he walked away together with Fushimi and Awashima. Everyone remained silent and slowly dispersed. Kusanagi Izumo, the right hand man of the Red King, approached and tapped her shoulder. "I think he's right. We can't let you get hurt because of us." Then he winked and left,  behind him was Anna, the Red King, who was staring at her. She just stare back and Anna nodded then left too.

Yashiro is the last one who talked to Nanami. "Nanami, I'm sorry for what happened." He smiled which made her cheer up a bit. "I'm sure he didn't mean to say those harsh words. But..." The smile in their faces faded. "Kusanagi-san and Munakata-san were right." Nanami just looked down with a frowning face. She felt dejected and felt like everyone thinks of her as a weakling.

A couple of days after the meeting, Nanami kept her distance from Yashiro and the others even though they were trying to make her feel better. Munakata have said harsh words to her which she can't accept til now.

"Shiro." Kuro called out to Yashiro while holding a frying pan as they are preparing dinner. "I'm worried about Nanami." Yashiro looked up to him. "I'm worried too. I just hope she won't do anything reckless." Kuro sighed and continued with his cooking.

Meanwhile, in the SCEPTRE4 headquarters,

"Captain, I still think you went too far with Nanami." Awashima said while she's standing straight in front of his desk. Munakata still calm, reading through the papers he's holding. "Captain!" Awashima stomped her fist on his desk but that didn't startle him, he just looked at her with cold eyes. "I'm sorry for saying this Captain, but at least be honest with your feelings once in a while!" But she didn't get any reply, she just growled in frustration and walked away.

Fushimi came in and Awashima was growling at mumbling curses as she exit the room. He just looked at her uninterested and proceed with Munakata. "Captain, you called for me?" Munakata looked at him and smiled. "I trust you with missions that I give. So I hope I can trust you with this one." He said. Fushimi clicked his tongue and sighed, feeling like he got this feeling of what he will ask him to do. "With all do respect Captain..." Fushimi said cutting Munakata off.

"Knowing Nanami, she really is a stubborn brat and most of the time weird. This time I'll have to decline you mission request." He said. Munakata looked at Fushimi all surprised. "I'm not the one to say this but...be honest with your feelings once in a while." They just looked at each other for a while and Fushimi cut it. "If you'll excuse me Captain." He walked away and exited the room.

Munakata remained in his seat with a surprised and shocked expression. Then he laughed it off and leaned his back in his chair. He removed his glasses and sighed. "I can't believe I was told the same thing twice in a day. And they all came from the people I least expected the most." And he sighed again with a small smile in his lips.

December 23rd everyone is busy preparing for Christmas Eve. Party. Dinner. Celebration. Gatherings. But Nanami is in the school dorm lying down on her bed, lost in thought. Christmas is something they don't normally celebrate and she's kind of used to it, though her father, the Gold King, would give her a present or two. And she's already happy with that, but to her, this Christmas felt like the quietest and loneliest day of the year.

To the clansmen of the Blue King, they are busy preparing for the expected stand off with the JUNGLE, and Munakata is right, it could be a one way ticket for some.

While in HOMRA, clansmen of the Red King, Anna Kushina, they are lax and going on with their normal lives as they all hang out in Kusanagi's bar.

Shiro, Neko and Kuro are in their dorm unit as normal. With Kuro cooking for them, Shiro reading books and Neko playing around bugging the two.

Nanami thought all these and she kept rolling over her bed. Then she sit up from the bed and stare at a distance. She took a deep breath and exhaled then look up with a determined look in her eyes.

She took a jacket from her closet, a bonnet to protect her head from cold and a red scarf. The night's really cold and it might snow anytime. As soon as she's properly dressed, she went out and ran off.

Nanami finally arrived in her destination. The place where everything might end. The Mihashira Tower. They really are not letting anyone in aside from the Kings due to security. The front gate is surrounded by Usagis giving her no choice but to sneak inside by other means. She used to have a secret entrance around the building and she went around and saw that door. No one is guarding so she took the chance.

"I'm finally back." She mumbled as she opened the window and jumped inside the chamber. She stood in front of the Slate and smiled sadly. "Father..." The casket where the Slate is placed rose up from the floor, as soon as it stopped, Nanami placed her hands on top of it and it started to glow like before. "Its warm." She mumbled. "This is the main source of our powers. You are the reason why everyone is happy and at the same time suffering. What will happen if I were to destroy you?" She said softly. "Will we have a normal life? Will we be happier? "

The Slate glowed even brighter, it's as if it's responding to Nanami's questions. It's as if it understands her feelings. But suddenly... Nanami felt like her strength is draining. She can't remove her hand from the Slate, it was like magnet and she's getting weaker by the minute. "What's... Happening?" Nanami struggled to get her hands off from the Slate but her efforts were futile.

Then someone held her hand and pulled it off from the Slate. "What the hell are you doing?" She looked up and saw someone she least expected.

"Munakata-san?"

"***"***"