Friends

**Narrator**

"Are you sure with your decision my child?" A middle-aged man with silver long hair and beard asked. "It might become difficult to return your memories. Even I, The Gold King, might have a hard time to reverse it." He asked again. The child he's asking just nodded and didn't show any hesitation. "I am very sure, sir." The child answered and suddenly tears started to flow from her cheek then she started to sob. The Gold King kneeled in front of her and placed her hands on her shoulders. "It'll be difficult at first. I admire your courage. At a very young age you have to decide something like this." Then the Gold King stood up and patted the child on her head. "Hana is your name right?" He asked. The child just nodded and wiped off the tears from her face with her sleeves. "My child, Hana, from now on, forget anything that hurt you and that will hurt you in the future. You will start a new life as Nanami."­­­

The girl's eyes widened upon hearing this then suddenly she felt like falling down and she whispered, "Nanami." Then the child fell on the floor unconscious. The Gold King picked her up and carried her. "Sleep my child and all these are just a dream. Have a good sleep, Nanami."

10 years had passed. Nanami is now in studying in Ashinaka High School. A prestigious school located in an island not so far away from Tokyo. Everything is equipped with high-end technology at school. A student wont be able to enter the school premise without their school issued PDA.

"Kokujoji-san!!" A girl with short brown hair shouted. Nanami who's walking right into the gates and was about to tap her PDA stopped. She looked back and it was Yukizome Kokuri, the class representative for their class. "Kokujoji-san." Kokuri stopped and was catching her breath. "Yukizome-san? What's the matter?" Nanami asked. Then Yukizome Kokuri stood up and fixed herself. "Is it okay if ask you to run an errand for us today? It seems that we need some more for materials for the props that we are making." Nanami just looked at her first for seconds and started to think. "Hmm...Yukizome-san, don't you have someone that you always ask to do this stuff. I'm not sure if I could squeeze the shopping today. The Archery Club is a bit busy too for the presentation in our Cultural Festival." Yukizome Kokuri wondered a bit. "Oh yeah...but...who?" Nanami got puzzled too because she cant remember who that is. "Hmmm..." they both thought about it. Then Nanami snapped the thoughts. "Its okay, Yukizome-san. I think I still have some spare time. Give me the list. I was about to go out anyway." Yukizome Kokuri got delighted and suddenly hugged Nanami really tight. "Oh thank you so much, Kokujoji-san!!" Nanami just smiled at her. "You know, Yukizome-san, you can just call me Nanami." Nanami said in a bit of shy tone. Yukizome Kokuri's eys widened and sparkled. "Really?!! Oh my gosh!! I really wanted to ask you that ever since. But I just don't have the courage." Nanami was puzzled and asked. "Why?" Then Yukizome Kokuri scratched her cheek and answered back "Because you know there's this some kind of a wall that you always have. You're always distant to everybody and it's like you don't want anyone to get close to you." Nanami just looked at her with her eyes wide then smiled. "Can I call you, Kokuri?" Yukizome Kokuri jumped for joy and hugged her again. "Of course, Nanami!!"

Aftre Nanami made friends with Yukizome Kokuri she went ahead to the shopping mall to get the materials that Kokuri asked for. She stopped in front of the shopping mall where there is a huge screen showing a group of friends commercial. Then she remembered what her father told her.

"You mustn't trust anyone at all for they might be after your powers." Her father stated.

"But Father, in school, my classmates have people they called 'friends'" Nanami asked.