Megane Special 1 : Decision

===================================================================

Its been a year since I gave her the necklace. I said I'd wait for her until she's ready. But I also thought that I might've said in a way I'm already tying her down with me. As much as possible I still want her to feel that she's a teenager. So I'm letting her do anything she wanted, like  right now...

"Munakata-san... Look! Look! Kokuri-chan gave me these!" Nanami came bustling to the door with her eyes all sparkly with a small bag in her hand. She excitedly took everything out of the bag she's carrying and turned out to be... Nail polish?

I looked at her calmly as I put down the book I was reading. Nanami arranges  3 different colors of  nail polish. "Aren't those prohibited from school?" I asked but she just gave me a pout. I chuckled a bit with her reaction and thought that she really is at that age.

"But I'm going to take them off when school starts.." she rebutted. I admit, I can't win over this especially when she pouts like that and blush. She's just so cute.

"Fine." I surrendered. With that Nanami smiled widely from one ear to another and I smiled back at her.

"Ne... Munakata-san..." Nanami scooted beside me until her shoulders are leaning to mine. I looked at her and I adjusted myself to her. I faced my body to her and placed my arm around her. "What color do you think suits me the most? Kokuri-chan gave me sky blue, beet red and light pink. I like all the color but I can't decide which to use." She asked not minding that we are so close to each other.

From my position, I can smell the fragrance of the shampoo she's using to the faint cologne she wears. Her hair has grown longer and its still silky and soft. I leaned a bit closer to her face to look at the polish.

"I think the pink one would suit you for everyday wear. The red one is good for formal wears while the blue is good for special one in a while occasion." I answered. She looked at me with surprise and I looked at her as well.

Our faces were inches apart and I can feel the heat coming up on her face. She started to blush and averted her eyes away from mine.

"Uhmmm... I think so too..." Nanami nervously answered.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked despite knowing why.

"Uhm... No... I'm not... It's just... Uhmm..." She tried looking for her words but I know she's nervous whenever we're this close to another. I can't help myself but be nervous too whenever we're close. "Its just... When you're up close like this..." She slowly placed her hand on my cheek which really gave me a surprise. "I can't believe...that I'm alive and here with you." She almost mumbled the last part of what she's saying but she never broke our eye contact.

"I love you Munakata-san." She whispered. I smiled at her and I slowly closed the gap between our lips.

"Reisi! I heard Nana-chan's here!!"

The door suddenly opened and we immediately pull ourselves apart from each other and pretend that were minding our own business. I went back to reading and Nanami pretending to check the nail polish she got.

"Taishi-san... Its been a long time..." Nanami greeted.

"Good thing you're here. Mum and dad are excited to talk about your wedding!" Taishi blurted out.

"She still need to graduate. Don't talk as if it's she's decided to marry me." I remarked.

"Well, you've been going out for a year now and one more year she's going to graduate from school. That's 9 months from now." Taishi retorted.

I didn't mind answering back to his statements because I know he'd be able to rebut.

"What are you talking about Munakata-san..." Nanami softly asked but when I looked up to her, there are tears  building up from the corner of her eyes. "Didn't you ask me to marry you and you said you'd wait for me?"

"Nanami..." I stood up to explain but she backed away. She looked at me with eyes full of hurt. I was about to walk closer to her but she suddenly ran away leaving the nail polish behind. "Wait..." I cried but its too late, she already ran out of the office.

"Brother... You really are a greenhorn when it comes to girls." Taishi said and patted my shoulders. What does he mean by greenhorn?

"I just wanted to give her the freedom to choose. I love her but I don't want her to regret things later." I explained but Taishi shook his head and clucked his tongue.

"Is that the girl who haven't made her choice yet?"

I took a sigh and tried to understand Taishi's question. Nanami's doing her best at school. She's studying really hard. She's learning how to cook properly. And now she's even trying to look like a lady. I guess that's the answer to his question. I looked back to Taishi and he's smiling sheepishly at me gesturing his hand toward the door saying I should follow Nanami.

Without hesitation, I rushed outside the office and ran after Nanami. I searched for her everywhere but I can't find her in anywhere. But something came up and I realized that she might be in there.

I immediately ran to the place she might be hiding at the moment. With me running around, I reached a metal door and pushed it open. The sunlight glared at me but after my eyes adjusted to its blinding shine, there I saw the person I'm looking for.

This is the garden where my family grows all kinds of flowers and plants that we use for our business. I recalled how much she likes daisies so I thought she'd be here.

I walked closer to where she is. She's sitting on the grass field and adoring all the flowers. When I'm standing next to her she spoke.

"I'm sorry for running away like that. That's so childish of me." She apologized and not even looking at me. I sat next to her but she's still not looking at me.

"I'm sorry." I started. "I just don't want you to regret things."

There was an eerie silence between us, then she slowly faced me and held my hands.

"Munakata-san..." Nanami looked into my eyes and I stare at her beautiful ones. "I would regret everything if I don't get to marry you in the end. That's why I'm studying really hard and learning how to cook. So that I can be a proper wife for you in the future..."

I didn't know this is what she's thinking til now. All this time I'm wondering why is she even trying hard at everything even for me the way she is were all good to me.

My hand slowly reached for her cheek and she leaned her face on it. "I'll be a proper husband for you in the future." I smiled.

Our faces slowly moving closer and gave her a light kiss on her supple lips.

One day, she will be my wedded wife and those beautiful hands will be mine to hold forever.

I will cherish and protect this second life the Slate gave us with all my life.

"I love you Nanami..."