What she wanted.

Munakata got defeated by the Gray King and the Slate was taken away. Soon after they have realized that Nanami has been taken away by JUNGLE.

The war is not yet over and Shiro, the Silver King needs to think about a plan on how to retake the Slate.

Meanwhile, Munakata is feeling remorseful, not only he wasn't able to protect the Slate but he even let the enemy take Nanami. A powerful strain that can suppress or release the power of the Slate.

"What?! What do you mean he just resigned?!" Awashima slammed her hands in the desk and leaned over to the Prime Minister of Japan. "He didn't tell me anything." She added.

"I'm surprised as you are Vice Captain Awashima. He came here the other day with a letter and walked away." The Prime Minister replied. "From now on, Sceptre4 is under my command. So I hereby order your group to remain on standby until I say so."

"But, you're Excellency. With all this Strain events we cant just stand here. We have to..." Awashima tried to reason out but she was cut of by the Prime Minister.

"Its because of Munakata's incompetence that it has become like this. 2 months. With the Slate in his care for 2 months, this all happened." The Prime Minister's answer was like a big slap on Awashima's face. She realized that this person has a point. And now... Munakata has resigned as captain. She massaged her temples to frustration and took a deep sigh.

"Just what the heck are you doing Captain." Awashima sighed and walked away.

Meanwhile... Munakata is in HOMRA bar with Anna, the Red King with her clansman and owner of the bar, Kusanagi Izumo.

"Reisi... Are you sure you're okay with Shiro's plan?" Anna, the Red King, stated. Munakata took a sip from the wine he's drinking that Kusanagi gave him and after that he gently placed it on the table.

"If its meant losing my powers, it's okay. As long as I can save Nanami." He didn't earn any response from the two. Kusanagi cleared his throats and winked at Anna.

"Nanami is lucky to have you." The Red King commented. Kusanagi just smiled and poured some milk on Anna's glass.

"I'm the lucky one." Munakata retorted. And he stood up from the bar they are sitting at and took his coat. "I got to go."

"Reisi, Shiro is planning to attack their base 3 days from now. What's your plan?" Anna suddenly asked and made Munakata stop. "I won't interfere. But I'll be there too." And he took his leave.

Anna was so worried of Munakata that she just gave Munakata a sad look as he took his leave.

"Don't worry Anna. That's what you call love." Kusamagi winked at Anna. "When a person's in love, he'd do anything to save it."

Anna just looked at Kusanagi, with sad eyes but eventually smiled and trusted him for what he said.

As Munakata leave the shop, he wore his sunglasses and walked towards his car. As he opened the door, he looked up to the blue sky. "Nanami, I'm coming to save you." He thought and he entered his car.

==~==

The third day, the day where Shiro, Munakata and Anna will take the Slate back.

Nanami woke up and found herself lying down on somewhat like a bed. She slowly sit up and rubbed her eyes to clear her fuzzy vision. When her eyes were all good, she have realized that the Slate was below her. She abruptly looked down and scanned her surroundings.

"Where is this place?" She asked herself. And she tried to stand up however, her body's too weak. She remained sitting on top of the Slate.

"It's about time you wake up." A young man's voice said. And Nanami turned her to the left and saw a man on a wheelchair.

"Hisui Nagare." Nanami hissed with anger.

"The war is starting and we don't have time." Nagare continued and moved his wheelchair closer to her.

Nanami tried to move away from him but she's too late. Nagare grabbed hold of her chin and raised it a bit. He closed his eyes and sparks of green appeared. Nanami's eyes widened as she knew what's going to happen next.

"No! I won't accept your Sanctum! Let me go!" Nanami shouted and swatted Nagare's hand away.

Nagare just looked down at her and then stood up from his wheelchair. He walked closer to Nanami and kneeled before her.

"We're one of the few who survived Kagutsu's Damocles Down. Everything was taken away from me and same goes to you. But... At the same time, it gave us so much power to get anything we want." Nagare spoke still kneeling in front of Nanami.

"What is it the you've always wanted to have?" He asked.

"I..." Nanami thought of what is she wanted to have ever since. She looked away but Nagare held his chin again and made her face him.

"Family? Lover? Or a place where everyone is equal and won't look at you differently?" Nagare continued.

Nanami stared deep into Nagare's eyes. And thought he might be correct. All this while, she had to distance herself from people because of her uncontrolled powers. She's scared that if she let herself get close to people, she might hurt them.

"Like in the past..." She mumbled.

Nagare grinned at her response.

"Yeah, just like in the past. Where you've killed all the members of your family. You don't want that to happen again right?" He added.

Nanami looked down. "I don't want that to happen again."

"Especially him." Nagare whispered. "You don't want your Blue King to get killed, do you?" He added and Nanami just shook her head in response.

"No. I wanted to protect everyone." Nanami cried.

"Now... Its very simple... Just let yourself be flown away by the Slate. And I will help you..." Nagare stood up with his hand on Nanami's head.

Nanami just looked up to him with a stoic expression and eyes turned jet black as if she's been hypnotized. Nagare smiled and sparks of green light appeared again around him. These sparks then slowly transferred to Nanami and she bowed her head.

"Now, Nanami... Do what you have to do. Put an end to the miseries of Strains like you. And you'll find what you've always wanted to have. You'll be able to protect the people you wanted to protect." Nagare commanded.

Nanami slowly stood up and walked in the center of the Slate. She was just looking down and the Slate started glowing again. Then bubbles of light came surrounding her and fly up. And Nanami suddenly fell on her knees ad her facial expression is like she's in great pain.

"Endure. You wanted to protect your loved ones right? Your pain will give you what you want." Nagare taunted but he was cut off when several footsteps running arrived.

Nagare turned around and smiled. "If its the First and the Fourth King. Adolf K Weismann and Munakata Reisi."

==~==