Flashes of the past

MINIMAL SPOILER ALERT!! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.  (^ω~)

""""''''''""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Nanami snuck into Mihashira Tower and go through the Blues guarding it. She immediately took the stairs like what she normally do before. And as she reached the floor where she can't use the stairs anymore... "Oh...my...gosh...the...stairs...are...gonna...kill...me..." She breathe in between her words.

She finally regained her composure and stood up its the floor where only the Gold King and the Usagi can enter. "This door..." She was about to push it open but realized that someone is actually behind her. When she slowly turn around, the tip of a sword is pointed at her.

"Oh...what a lovely young lass..." Said the person who's pointing her the sword. "They must be the one who attacked the Tower." Nanami thought. "I'm so lucky today..." He said again. "I found the key to our mission." Nanami stepped her one foot back and took a deep breath. She duck from the sword and kick the hand of the person. Nanami clicked her tongue as she failed to make the person drop the sword.

When she turned around and tried to attack the guy again she was greeted by a green light. And Nanami flew right into the door and it blew open inside. Hitting the Usagi guarding while Nanami throwing her away in the process. "Ugh..." She groaned as she hit and roll over the floor. She landed right on top of the Slate.

She struggled to get up as pain hit her whole body. And Nanami realizes that the Slate is just right below her. Her eyes widened in surprise as she stare at the Slate. "The Dresden Slate..." She mumbled, suddenly the Slate started to glow slowly and Nanami focuses her eyes as to why its glowing. And as Nanami look closer to the Slate and blinding light emanated from it that made her stumble back. The light made some mist and smoke that covered the entire place.

"Ack! Ack! We found her! We found her!" A green parrot gawked as it keeps flying around the chamber until it landed on the intruder's shoulders. "Ack! We found her Yukari! We found her  Yukari! Ack!" The intruder whose name is Yukari smirked. "Mission Accomplished." He mumbled. "What's next, Nagare-chan?" Then the eyes of the bird glowed green light and it spoke. "Let us not disturb their sweet reunion." And Yukari just smiled.

*****

"Have you found her?" Munakata asked as he rest his forehead on his clasped hands on the table. "No, Captain." Awashima sadly responded. Munakata sighed and stood up from his desk and walked over the window. "I'm suspecting that she might be in the Tower." He stated. "Send Fushimi to check Mihashira Tower." Awashima bowe and she's about to step out but Fushimi came in.

He entered the room and rested his hand on his hips. "They are on the move. They took one of the reds." Munakata looked at him and pushed his glasses up. "Its time for us to make our move too." Awashima and Fushimi bowed and they both went out. Munakata was left in the room in deep thought.

*****

Nanami's still in the chamber laying on the floor. She got knocked out when the Slate suddenly emitted some blinding light and smoke. She groaned in pain and slowly tried to the stand up. But as she try, she felt weaker than before. "Wh-what's going on? I feel like..my body's gone heavier..."

"That's normal, my love. You are now under the influence of the Slate." An old man's voice came from behind. Nanami couldn't tilt her head around to see who it was. "What?" She asked. "You see...Ayase-chan... I mean Nanami-chan... You are the key in unleashing the power of the Slate."

"Who are you?" Nanami asked.

"You may have forgotten who I am but I definitely remember who you really are." The old man answered. Nanami's eyes widened as the old man walked closer to her and held her head. Flashes of her past memories came flashing to her thoughts.

**** flashback narrated by the old man ****

10 years ago, few days after the Kagutsu Incident.

I found you near the crater almost lifeless.

I knew who you are as you were just in the recent news.  The Hirano family died in a house fire accident where everyone got burned. But they didnt know that you were the only one that survived.

My goal is to save everyone and prevent meaningless deaths. I took you in and it didn't took you a while to fit in. But as the Slate in the Tower started to move and look for a new King, you reacted to it too.

You keep on saying you killed your family and that you don't want to hurt people anymore. Until one day you ran away and I couldn't find you anymore. I tried to look for you but I failed.

But now I found you... My dear child, Ayase.

*****

"Seigo-san..." She mumbles as she was dragged back to reality. She found herself standing on the very top of the tower. And she looks down and the dome covering the chamber has been broken. "The Slate." Then she tried to look around and saw the old man from afar. "Seigo-san... I... Remember now..." Tears started to flow from the corner of her eyes and she started remembering the rest. "We will meet again, Ayase-chan."

When Nanami turned around she saw The Blue King's Sword of Damocles and noticed that there's a crack on it and its slowly tearing apart. She cried even more upon remembering her past. Nanami didn't realize that she's falling as she kept on crying.

"He knew me all along... He knew who I am..." She thought and she bursted in tears not minding that she's falling. Suddenly a blue light covered the entire place and she felt like someone has grabbed her waist and held her close to a chest. Nanami opened her eyes and looked up to see who her savior is.

"You are such a troublesome girl."

"Munakata-san..." Nanami softly exclaimed.

"I told you don't make me worry like that." Munakata said and held Nanami tightly as they landed safely on the ground. Munakata's still not letting go of Nanami  and he even embraced her which made her surprise.

Nanami felt like her heart won't stop beating tremendously. Her cheeks are starting to become bright red and its as if she's having a fever. Her body and mind is so tired to think if this were real or not. She just gave in to the heat that Munakata is giving.

"I'm back... Reisi..." She mumbled.

*************************************************