A dream

"It's gold?!" Awashima exclaimed as she stared at the sudden appearance of the sword. "How is it possible? The Slate's broken now." She added.

"But it's totally different than the other sword, look." Anna stoically pointed at the sword. "The color is not as bright as the other sword."

"Its like, it's just a silhouette." Shiro added.
The three took glances at each other and then back to the sword.

Meanwhile, Munakata came rushing towards where the sword is. He arrived in the center of the crater and saw that something is glowing behind the boulders. He immediately ran and slowly pushed the boulders aside. Slowly he took them off and the glowing is now exposed. His eyes widened in disbelief.

"Nanami..." He softly cried. And he immediately jumped in to the hole and leaned over to Nanami. Munakata slowly brought his hand to her face but hesitated for a second. He bit his lip and clenched his fist. "Nanami..." He cried her name again and not for a second longer, he immediately brought Nanami in his arms and hugged her.

Tears trailed down from Munakata's eyes as he hugged Nanami tighter.

"I-I'm sorry..." Nanami muttered.

Munakata got surprised and leaned closer to Nanami's chest. He smiled in relief upon hearing a heart beat and he hugged her even tighter. "I'm glad... you're okay..." Munakata mumbled. He lifted Nanami and carried her out of the crater.

Everybody was surprised to see Munakata carrying Nanami. "Captain!" Awashima cried as she ran to Munakata. She was then followed by Shiro and Anna.

"She's severely injured. Call our medic team." Munakata ordered Awashima.

"Yes Captain!" Awashima prompted.

Anna looked up and then to Nanami. "She's the new Gold King." She declared.

As they all look up, the Sword of Damocles started emitting gold light and sprinkled gold like dusts.

Everyone looked at those dust fall onto then and they felt like they are being healed.

"It's warm." Anna said as she raised her hand catching the dusts in her palm. "She is now the new Gold King."

Munakata gave Anna a confused look then to Shiro, the Silver King. "How is that possible? I saw the slate break down." He asked.

"Its the remaining powers of the Slate. But look..." Shiro answered Munakata's perplexity and pointed at the Sword in the sky. "It's slowly fading away, just like ours."

Munakata looked up and gaze at the disappearing Sword. He looked back to Nanami and held her shoulders tighter. "Even after everything... you're still giving your all to help everyone..." He smiled and gave Nanami a peck on her forehead.

At Last, the Medic Team arrived then took Nanami and placed her in a stretcher. Munakata just watched as the Medic took Nanami in the ambulance. "They'll be bringing her to the nearest hospital. Let's get you to the van and follow them." Awashima spoke.

Munakata nodded then averted to Shiro and Anna. He suddenly smiled at them and this gave them a surprised look. "Thank you for your help." Munakata said then he turned to Shiro. "Yashiro-kun... Thank you..."

"No problem. But..." Shiro replied with a smile and started scratching his cheek with his index finger. "My powers are fading. My ability to transfer my consciousness will soon be gone." He patted Neko's head who clutched herself to his arm. "I'll be back to my original body after this... So we got to go."

"We'll take our leave as well. Yashiro, Reisi... Drop by to HOMRA once in a while." Anna said and smiled. She looked up to Kusanagi and gave him a nod indicating their leave.

As the two kings, former Kings took their leave, Munakata remained standing there. He timidly smiled and said. "Until next time..." He turned around and headed to the van waiting for him.

A couple of weeks later.

The city is back to normal. The crater left from the war has been fixed and vehicles can now pass through it again.

"Neh neh~ Kurosuke~ when are we going to the hospital?~" Neko gleefully jump around Kuroh who's preparing a bento.

"Tch..." Kuro clicked his tongue and covered the bento. "How many times should I tell you Neko that we can't just go to the hospital as we like. We just went there yesterday, didn't we?" He answered.

Neko pouted and slumped herself on the floor. "But she said it herself that we can visit anytime we want.~"

Kuroh just sighed as he finish packing the bento into a school bag and then placed it in front of Neko. "Sighs Neko, we should let Nanami rest. She's still recovering from her injuries."

Neko grabbed the bag and immediately went to the door while stomping her feet. She turned around and stuck her tongue teasing Kuro. "Bleh... I'm going there with or without you.!" And Neko slammed door. A sigh escaped from Kuro's lips who just smiled and shook his head.

He then looked outside the window where the sky was blue and clear.

"It was like everything was just a dream." Kuro said as he start to clean up the table.

In the hospital...

The sun peeks through the curtains. Giving spotlight to the daisies placed in a vase standing on top of the bedside table.

The door slowly opened, and Munakata came with some bouquet of flowers in his hand. He placed beside the daisies and then sat down on the chair right beside the bed.

Munakata quietly sat there and stare at the person sleeping on the bed. As he stare at the face, he thought that this day of being normal won't ever come. His hand crawled up to the hand and enclosed them. The other hand held Munakata's tighter that gave him a surprised look.

"Good morning, Nanami." Munakata greeted with a smile.

"Good morning, Reisi." Nanami greeted back with a weak but sweet smile.

The smile on Munakata's face slowly faded away. He can't imagine that everything is over. That they are now living a normal life.

Munakata held Nanami's hands and the smile on his face came back. His gaze at Nanami's face was like there's no tomorrow. His hand crept up to Nanami's chin and gently caressed her face. Nanami was a bit dumbfounded with Munakata's actions.

"Nanami..." Munakata said. "I'm so happy you're back."

"Reisi... I'm sorry to keep you waiting." Nanami responded and held Munakata's hand that is on her face.

==~==