When you come back

"Yeah... You two owe us a lot of explaining." Awashima demanded at Nanami. Nanami fidgeted and didn't know what to say. She can't just tell her entirely what happened. And she can't assume over everything that has happened. "Uhmm... I... Ahh..." Nanami tried to  grasp for words but she was cutt of by a familiar voice. "Awashima-kun..." Awashima turned around to see her Captain. "Captain..." She mumbled.

"Explanation is not needed." Munakata calmly stated. Nanami's eyes widened. She felt like a knife just hit her heart. She felt sad and hurt with his words. Awashima saluted the King and apologized then walked away. Nanami and Munakata waited for Awashima to be completely out of sight then the latter faced the young girl.

"Nanami..." He started. He walked closer to Nanami and dumbfounded of what Munakata is trying to do, she maintained her distance from him and was just standing. "Anna told me that you're still going to come along." He calmly stated. Nanami gulped as she listen to what Munakata is saying.

"You better stay here." Munakata stated. Nanami clenched her fist at her side and bit her lip. Her shoulders shivering and focused her gaze on the floor. Munakata walked even closer and pulled her into a hug. "Nanami... You're the best thing that ever happened to me. You're the reason why I'm going in this war. To protect you. To secure your future and for you to have a normal life." He hugged Nanami tighter but she pushed him away. Tears falling and an angry face , is what Nanami gave him.

"Don't talk as if you're going to die!! All of you!! Munakata-san, don't..." Nanami shouted as she cry, her voice slowly toned down and mumbled the last part of what she's trying to say. "Don't... Talk like that... I can't afford to loose you..." She covered her face with her hands and cried. Munakata took a deep breath and exhaled. Then he took something out of his pocket and walked closer to Nanami.

He kneeled down in front of her. He held her hands and put it down. Nanami looking down at Munakata and him looking up to her. He presented the box to her and opened it. Nanami's eyes widened but as soon as she realized what that is, she frowned. "What's this?" Still crying. "Wear this..." Munakata said and slowly took the item from the box and stood up. Nanami looked up to him as he stand up. "Wear this necklace all the time. It would make you feel like I'm always with you." He answered and took Nanami in an em race and wore it to her.

Nanami cried harder. "Please don't Munakata-san." She pleaded. Munakata hugged her. They didn't say any word for seconds and he let Nanami go from the embrace and turned around. He started to walk away leaving Nanami behind.

"Idiot!!" Nanami shouted and made Munakata stop walking. "Stupid!! Asshole!! Dumbass!!" Nanami kept cursing. She knew that Munakata doesn't want to hear a girl say such words, so when Munakata turned around, something came flying right into him and hit his face hard that made him fall on the floor. "What the..." He scratches his forehead that had a mark of what hit him. He looked down and saw the box that he just gave Nanami.

Nanami huffing. "I won't accept that!!" She shouted angrily. "I will only accept that after you came back from the mission!!" Munakata was still on the floor with his hand on his forehead, surprised and flabbergasted. "And when you come back...!!" Nanami shouted. "Give me a proper confession, what happened last night is not counted!!" She cried. After seconds of huffing and staring at each other. Nanami ran away from him, leaving him speechless. But a smile etched on his face.

"That girl really is unbelievable." He uttered. He straightened himself up and picked up the box. Fushimi came and was looking for him. He was surprised that Munakata has a bruise on his forehead and was smiling while looking at the box. "Why are you smiling on your own?" He asked. Munakata just scoffed and placed the box back in his pocket. "Nothing. Let's go." He replied, earning a 'tch' and a sigh from Fushimi.

~~=~~