Mirror

Sunny's POV

I was at the beach with my mom after school. She was working here at sunset because of the restaurant she works at. I watched her as she was working. Everyone always says we look alike. I honestly see it because we both have a lot of the same features.

She has tan skin, light blonde hair, and brown eyes. We both have dark brown eyebrows. I have darker hair because of my dad but it's mostly dirty blonde. We both almost have the same names. Her's is Summer well I and Sunny. Everyone thought we could pass as twins if we tried.

The only thing that is a huge difference is our favorite colors. My mom's favorite color is pink. Mine of course is yellow. We we're like two peas in a pod. I was here trying to get my mind off of Joseph. My dad was right about me taking a break and a breather from him. That's all I needed.

I needed to know why I was ending things with him. It had to be for a good reason. I knew I didn't want to fix it or at least I didn't. I wouldn't really say what he did was right so I am avoiding it all together. Plus it wasn't like he called to apologize or even check in. I didn't see why I had to.

I looked to my mom who was working harder because she wanted to get home right away. My dad told her what happened so I knew she wanted to check in on me. "Almost done" my mom said as as closed the doors after the last customer. I sat at the bar since nobody was here to judge me.

My mom came out of the kitchen with two drinks. "Pink lemonade for me and regular lemonade for you" she said as she placed it down. See I told you pink and yellow. This has never changed for us. It has always been our thing. "Come on" she said as I took mine. We both left the restaurant.

She locked the doors and we went to the beach. The water was gracefully clashing onto the shore. "I know you want to keep to your mini vacation but you still have to know what you want to say" my mom said. "Vacation" I laughed lightly. I still have been going to school and talking to my friends. I am an A plus student. What more vacation does that sound like.

"You know what I mean" my mom said as she took a sip from her pink lemonade. "We'll I don't know" I said as I stirred my straw. It wasn't right to keep avoiding this but I was better alone. He pushed me away first and now I could be doing the same thing. I sighed feeling like I was acting just like him.

"I might just end it" I said telling the truth. "Well if that's what you want you have nothing to worry about" said my mom. I looked at her unsure. I think Joseph made me look like a fool at school since the rumors that are spreading around about me. I didn't see how I did anything wrong.

I didn't cheat on him and if he thinks that well he will be sorry. I want to stay loyal and true. He shouldn't have exposed me to the whole school like that. "Wait why shouldn't I worry about that" I asked confused. "Not to be Cupid or anything but do you know why Kiran came back" my mom asked. "What" I said completely confused.

I thought about it for a second. I didn't really know that answer. "We'll I was talking to Ramona and Gabriel the other day and they said he wanted to move back here" my mom said as she looked at her pink lemonade. I kept stirring mine in silence. "He didn't move to his dream place" I said quietly.

My mom shock her head no. "Why did they move back here" I asked her. "It was because he wanted to see you" she said with a smile. "I'm not going to play match maker but you have more eyes on you then you will have to worry about if you become single" my mom said. I couldn't help but laugh.

My mom made me feel like I could pull anyone. "Mom" I said shaking my head. "What we look almost alike you are my mini me. We both know we can pull" my mom said in a obvious tone. "No" I said not wanting to play around. "What come on you know it's true" said my mom as she was laughing.

I was smiling up at her because she always makes me feel strong. She is what I like to call a bad bitch because she doesn't tear down and be little other woman. My mom uplifts and encourages everyone to be on her shit. She used to be a model when my dad met her. It was for a Baywatch theme. How could she not get it. My mom is actually hot.

"You know if a girl gonna take him and she says Look it's his prettiest ex what do you say" my mom asked me. "Girl we been that move along" I said with a light laugh. My mom hardly makes me forget it. She makes me feel great about myself. She gave me a wink and we both finished our lemonades.

I honestly wished I was just as confident as my mom. If she could be a model then why couldn't I be just as picture perfect as her. To be honest I just wanted to be like her. I need to get my shit together sinceI am a independent queen. I'm focusing on myself and my future from now on. Just like my mom did before me.

That's how I am going to get my confidence back. I deserve The world so imma give that to myself and I will make sure nothing comes in my way. I am going to do what makes me happy. Why should I be hurt over just one guy. There are plenty of other boys that are available. I'm doing what is best for me.