Monster

Sunny's POV

I was talking about our plans as how we can raise a child. My family had us outside having orange juice for breakfast. Kiran came over. Ramona stopped mistreating me when she heard me say that she won't see her grandchild. She thought I was trying to keep her son all to myself. I'm glad she still wanted to be in the child's life.

I think she only agreed because Kiran will be with me the whole time. I mean she only wanted her son. I think she didn't want to ruin her chances of winning him back. They also came to have breakfast with us. I think this could be solved between us.

I just learned that Ramona never apologized for how she treated me yesterday. Instead Ramona just blames me about how I reacted to her disrespect. She said I was going ballistic. I told her how I felt and I stood up for myself. I think she still hated this arrangement but we had to talk about it.

I told my friends that I took one for the team. They we're overjoyed and they showed up to my house without knowing that we were going to be talking about the baby's situation and life style. I think it is best to keep them here incase if Kiran's family has something to say.

"Child support is fifty, fifty" said my dad and everyone agreed. It was surprising that Ramona and Gabriel agreed with us. I didn't want to say anything about it. "Living space" asked my mom. I looked to my friends since they knew what I wanted all along. "Me and my friends will safe our money to live in a surf shack" I said happily. It was my dream house.

"Absolutely not" said Ramona. "What" my friends said in shock. "I actually want that" said Kiran. All of us talked about it before. We wanted a surf shack by the ocean. Now we can have all the money to move out. "If that's what you want" said my parents. "Fine but my son should still live with us incase" said Ramona. "I'm moving with the baby" said Kiran.

I watched as Ramona looked upset. Kiran was getting annoyed with how she was acting. She was having tantrums. She couldn't even act like an adult. She was rubbing her hands all over Kiran. This looked wrong in so many ways. I know he is a momma's boy but still.

This reminded me of incest. I didn't think it could get any worse until it did. "My son doesn't need to be changing diapers or doing anything in the house" said Ramona as she brushed her hands in his hair. She was trying to make it look perfect. She had nothing to fix. "I will be doing those things" said Kiran as he grabbed her hand to stop her.

She gave him a dirty look. I had the urge to tell her that Kiran, my man actually treats me like a partner and not a maid. A woman shouldn't be a replacement for his mother. A guy can cook and a woman should never tell a girl she has to make him dinner. I was glad he was standing up to her.

Ramona was so fake and phony. Me and Kiran maybe not be married but as future parents we are a couple. A couple is meant for two people but Ramona doesn't know how to count. She thinks that she can have her way. This is my baby and Kiran is my partner. We have to do this together. It's what he wanted and it's bound to happen.

I don't know what mother in laws or momma bears need to hear this but the family your son creates is more important than the one he came from. Kiran needs the chance to make his family. Who knows maybe he will be with someone else if it doesn't work out. Right now it is all about the baby.

A man knows what I am talking about and women know too if they have to deal with toxic in laws or family members. Situations like this happens in a real relationship. Family problems are apart of building a bond between two people.

I'm a high school student dealing with adult issues. I'm pregnant and now I have tons of family drama. How could this be any worse. I looked to my friends who wanted to have a surf shack with me. Kiran who was my partner. My own family supported me. At least we were able to be here for the baby.

"I can get a job at the car shop to help pay child support. Manny and Jose can hire me" said Kiran. "You work at a car shop" said Gabriel in disgust. "What misery are you putting on my son. What are you going to contribute because it sounds like nothing so far" said Ramona.

"I already have a job and I'm paying my side of child support. I also have my living situation handled" I said politely. My friend's smiled at me. We we're excited to be moving in together. "Don't you find it weird that another guy will leave with you and your child" said Gabriel as he crossed his arms.

"We have been friends since middle school. I trust them more than anything" I said. "That's observed" said Romana. "I wouldn't do anything without a good reason" I said to them. I tried to not let them get to me. They were treating me wrong. If someone is treated like this they will stand up for themselves.

If Ramona treated me right she will gain a daughter. If she keeps treating me wrong she will lose a son. Ramona will lose a son and her first grandchild. She won't gain anything if she keeps treating me like this. It's Kiran decision if he goes with her or stays with me. This depends on what he is thinking. I just hope he picks right.