𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 35:𝐔𝐩𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠(2)🌼

Athanasia met Duke Alpheus on the way and he suggested his son, Ijekiel Alpheus to be her escort to her Debutante.

"It's a chance for him to be of Assistance to you, Princess. Wouldn't my son obviously think it an honor?" The Duke recommended.

Hearing this, Athanasia was devastated at the duke's  action knowing that what he's suggesting isn't Ijekiel's idea. He still hasn't given up on getting ahold of me... Athanasia thought bitterly.

"Since you mention him so much, I'm starting to gain interest in him too. I look forward to meeting him at the ball" Athanasia smiled at the duke.

"Yes. we'll get our proper introduction then" The Duke responded.

Ugh that Sly Fox!  Athanasia thought after walking away from him. Plus I've already met Ijekiel...Unoficially.

"Ah, Its the young warlock" Felix as Athanasia turned immediately seeing Lucs walking alone at the side of the palace.

"Lucas!" Athanasia called running after him as the young warlock looked back at her. "You seem to be quite busy lately! I barely see you nowadays"

Lucas just stared at her in silence as if he didn't hear what she just said and Athanasia was offended. What It's been so long since we've seen each other, and you want to mess with me now?  She thought furrowing her eyebrows.

But Lucas suddenly clicks his tounge and kneeled down "One Moment." Lucas said tying her laces. Athanasia was surprised by his sudden gesture.

"You're not a little kid" He said after tying her laces as she could feel a weird atmosphere surrounding them and Lucas looked up at her.

''And you're walking around with this stuck on you too?" Lucas broke that atmosphere by taking the fallen leaf off her forehead. Huh? I suddenly feel lighter?  Athy thought. Maybe that's why I was feeling some atmosphere?

"I'm terribly busy but I will make time to visit you every now and then. Since Your Highness seems to be missing my company dearly". Lucas said in monotone and smirked.

Athanasia's brows twitched. "Haha, always the joker. In fact it is just the opoosite"

"Time for us to go, Princess" Felix said in between them before they could start another fight again.

𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎

"Happy Birthday Athanasia!" 

''Happy Birthday Princess"

"Open your gifts"

"Thank you everyone"

"Lets celebrate and have some cake"

The maids, You, Felix and lily has surprised Athanasia on her birthday before her Debutante and also serves as a comfort since Claude couldn't celebrate with them...

"If this could make Claude feel like a normal person.." Athanasia thought lying in her bed who couldn't sleep.

Claude had triggers sometimes from his own black magic's effect in having a desire to kill Athanasia whenever Its the day of the "Late Empress's" death...but Claude have known from the start that he couldn't.. rather he don't want to kill his own daughter and  to that he grown to be fond of his daughter so he chooses to locked himself in his room with his alcohols and wines to drink the whole night might make him think that he's not at least a dangerous person on her birthday and especially in his daughters eyes.

'It's a good thing for my survival though.. that Claude has a human side to him. Ugh !what do I know???'   She tossed on her bed trying to sleep.

"Really. What do you know?" Athanasia widens her eyes and sat up knowing who owns the voice.

"What? Why are you here so late?" Athanasia asked Lucas as his ruby eyes glowed, being reflected by the moonlight.

"I'm a busy person. Don't you know?..."

'He always says that be always came to see me for the past 6 years'  Athanasia though feeling glad as she went down from her bed and walk over to him.

"Let's go see Raven"

"You never listen to me do you? I should really just eat that thing" 

"Whatever. Let's go" Athanasia ignored him and grinned when she saw him got irritated.

"Raven!" Raven barked and jumped at Athanasia falling on the ground with a chuckle "Aww. Did you miss me, Raven baby?~ Look at you, You Giant Fluff~" Athanasia kept playing with Raven happily as Lucas seemed irritated.

Lucas cast a spell on them to keep them warm as Athanasia kept babying Raven. Sighing he just sat on the floor and watch them.

"My Debutante is coming up soon."

"I know."

"You think I'll make a mistake do you?" 

"Did your dad say you cant?"

"No"

"Then what's the problem? You practiced every day until your feet got raw. You'll be fine unless you're some kind of idiot. Stop yapping and go back to bed." Lucas said but for Athanasia, hearing his deep voice says those words felt meaningful and affectionate to her despite his irritated expression and It's like he's saying that 'You've got this no need to worry, I am here and I wont let something goes wrong"

Athanasia smiles as Raven nuzzles on her neck and responded back to Lucas "I'm not yapping take that back!" 

"If you don't go back to bed, I can't sleep either" Lucas said and clicked his tounge as Athanasia slowly look away from him feeling her eyes slowly consume exhaustion and fell asleep "Good night, Lucas.."