𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 39: 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞🌼

"Princess!" Felix called Seeing Athanasia walk to him after her dance with Ijekiel. He assisted her by holding her hand seeing her wiggle a bit from her heels after dancing.

"Where's my dad?" Athanasia asked.

"His Majesty has left for a moment on some urgent business"

Claude is a busy man but Athanasia couldn't help but halt at the thought of Claude meeting Jennette as the "urgent business". Could it be...

Just as she felt he uneasiness creep in, putting her first on her throbbing heart. Felix took her hand from her chest and clasp it gently as he smiled away her anxiety.

"Don't worry. He'll be back shortly. This is your Debutante, he will probably stay until the end." He raised their clasped hands and asked excitedly. "So Princess, may I have this dance?"

"Yes,Gladly" Athanasia beamed back forgetting her thoughts for another mischievous one.

And as if on the blink of an eye Felix's beaming face earlier was replaced with a pale one as his feet's sting from Athanasia's heels after they danced."Princess, if I did something to displease you in the past, please accept my apology". He pursed his lips feeling his feet started to numb.

"You knew what you were getting into. You saw me step on my dad's foot just a moment ago" Athanasia looked away from him,puffing her cheeks to hide her chuckle.

"You stepped on His Majesty's feet like these as well?" The Princess's chuckle was replaced immediately by embarrassment as she recalled of how many times she stepped on her dad's foot.

Felix felt somehow relieved that he wasn't the only who experienced the pain of her heels. Meanwhile Athanasia saw Jennette with the Duke and his son from the crowd and eased her heart.'Then Claude's business is not related to Jennette..'

The crimson guard leaned on the Princess's as he whispered. "Princess. His Majesty actually ordered me a moment ago to guard you with extra care, so that other pests approach you." 'Pests?' Athanasia raised her eyebrows when Felix turned her around.

"I have no choice since it's your day today, princess. I may get scolded later but.." he pushed her a bit forward and the princess sweat from the crowd forming instantly around her.'W-What?! When did it get this crowded?!'

"I'll keep an eye on you from here,So go have fun princess". Felix smiled not knowing Athanasia's expression as the nobles around her started introducing themselves, confused on which one she would shake her hand to or who would she respond.

On her thoughts she looked at Felix behind her with a pale expression and screamed on her mind.'Gahh! Help me!'

𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎

"Your Majesty, it hurts" Y/n whispered and fists her hand on Claude's clothes when he gripped her waist accidentally. The furious emperor looked back at the woman on his arms and sighed.

The black eyed guest felt left out from they're stares as he turned around and started walking away. Y/n felt her shiver from an intense mana she is sensing. She peaked behind her seeing the guest walking away,'He is familiar.. something within him is lurking.Something dark'. Y/n thought as her amethyst eyes glowed a bit seeing through the guests back, a black smoke covering his soul. Claude notices her staring at the guest.

"Y/n. What's wrong,did he harass you?" Claude loosened his grip gently on her waist, not letting her go. Y/n sighed and looked back at Claude, blinking her glowing eyes away.

"No, he didn't" She responded as she thought of what the guest have looked at her with determined and longing eyes. As if he had known her before..

'I feel he is familiar to me too, he must have been someone important in one of my previous lives just as the world tree have said. I need to talk to him, he might know something!'