𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐭 37: 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞🌼

"Daddy, I'm so happy i could spend today with you"

Slowly, Claude lifted his hand to her as Athanasia's smile slowly drop and looked at him in confusion, feeling a hope rise in her.

"You look..very Pretty today" Claude said. Athanasia pursed her lips, touched and looked at her dad with a tint of blush on her cheek.

Her smile widen, taking her dad's hand and chuckled "Thank you, Daddy"

𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎

Nervous Athanasia was held by the hand of her father, Claude, as they ascended through the hallways, hearing the crowd's noise from the ballroom. The Guards heard their footsteps and turned to them and bowed, when Claude and Athanasia steps on the entrance as they announced:

"Make way for His Majesty! Emperor Claude De Alger Obelia and, Her Highness! Princess Athanasia De Alger Obelia!"

 The people immediately went silent and turn their heads to them. Athanasia flinched from the people's eyes piercing their eyes at her. Trembled and starting to hesitate, Claude seems to notice this from her hand he is holding and from her awkward silence. 'I-I've never stood in front of this many people b-before'

"What's the matter?" Claude asked Athanasia seeing her nervous state.

"I-I'm scared..." Athanasia breathed, not yet ready to face this real situation and this many people remembering 'Athanasia's' fate in the manhwa and stick closely to her father.

Claude followed her eyes on the people and understood, he glared at the people below. They all bowed immediately getting chills down to their spine as they trembled while bowing.

Huh? Athanasia got confused. "I can make them keep their heads down like that until the ceremony is over, if you want-" 

"N-No" Athanasia calmed herself, stopping her dad. 'That wouldn't be fair! It's not like I'm the only one debuting today' Athanasia thought seeing the other debutants below still bowing. 'These girls waited months and years for this day'

"It's okay, Daddy, because I'll have you by my side" The Princess smiled at Claude reassuring him as they started to go down the stairs.

"I didn't take you for the type to get nervous about such trivial things" Claude said noticing her shyness as she grows up and remembers about the past. "Considering how you were ripping my hair out and hitting my face when you were little, Dancing in front of a crowd shouldn't be much of an ordeal"

Athanasia abruptly stopped as she also recalls about the past, those 'embarrassing things i did'. "N-No way! I don't remember doing such things, such jokes daddy" She nervously chuckled.

"Ask your mom how you were an insolent little thing, even back then" Claude smirks as Athanasia blushed.

"Ahh, stop teasing me!" Athanasia cooed calming her red face as smiled a bit, now feeling less tense.

The crowd made a way for them to dance on the dancefloor. Athanasia released a breath and in front of her father and bowed at each other. Claude stands and his lips rose a bit for and offered his hand " Relax"

Athanasia nod at Claude and take his hand. Claude pulled her closer and gently put his arm around her waist. "This is a day for you to have fun, no matter what anyone else's says". Claude said softly trying to ease hid daughters tense state.

They started to dance as Athanasia's jeweled eyes started to soften at her father words "Daddy, you have no idea how good I am at dancing. Prepare to be surprised"

They spun and danced. "Madame Pompidou complimented me every day until my ears ble-". Just as she was about to finish, her words already betrayed her and stepped on Claude's foot.

They look at each other and at their feet's, when Athanasias heel slides on the leather of Claude's boots as she winced and squealed when she started to fall. 'Gahh! I'm going to fall!'

Claude clicked his tongue and grab her waist with his two hands before she could even fall. He put his left foot on the front of the other as he started to turn. The crowd gasped when he lifted Athanasia and spun her in the in the air as he put her down on the floor again. He continued their dance covering her mistake.

"I can tell that you just stepped on my foot" Athanasia bit her lip. "I knew your hands were strong but didn't realize your feet were strong too"

Athanasia nervously chuckled as they talked while dancing. "A-Are you alright?..."

Claude looked away as and continued to tease her. "No, I'm in pain"

Athanasia blushed while Claude lowly chuckled at her embarrassed state seeing the similarities of Athy and 'Her'. Claude stopped chuckling and smirked. "I forgot you were a different person, no matter how similar you look" he whispered, Athanasia seemed to be spaced out on his words and- "I've become quite foolish" -stepped again on his feet.

They covered their mistake again by turning Athanasia with her back on his chest and continued their step in the dance.

"I thought you said Madame Pompidou complimented you until your ears bled?"

"I-I'm usually Good" Athanasia started to sweat in embarrassment. "I-I'm a bit nervous today..." Ugh! It's your fault for making that face. Athanasia argued in her mind.

......

Claps and cheers from the crowd erupted the ballroom as the opening dance of the imperials ended.

"You did well" Claude took Athanasia's hand pulling her up from the floor.

"I'll do even better next time" Athanasia smiled, when she noticed the gasps of the people, she turned her head to them. She noticed their shocked faces while watching them interact.

She turned to Claude immediately realizing their stares. "Dad, is there something wrong with how I look right now?" She pointed to herself, and Claude furrowed his eyebrows for a moment.

"You're as pretty as you looked when you first entered, don't worry" Claude said that made the people gasp again and so Athanasia was struck with realization on what they kept on being shocked and staring at them.

"So, this was why...to them, he definitely looks like he's gone nuts" Athanasia thought as she coughed and looked away from the crowd's awe stares. Why am I the one who's embarrassed?!

After the Debutante dance from the 14-year-old Princess, the other girls who had turned 14 that year danced with their partners. While watching the girls dancing, someone caught Athanasia's sight and turned to see Sir Roger Alpheus in the corner. Her heart started to beat in the most tense and painful way as she recalls what might happen in today's chapter.

Athanasia looked at Claude who is boredly watching the dance, her jeweled eyes started to drop...

Sir Roger must be here to say that Jenette is Claude's daughter again, If so...

How will Claude react....?