𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 42: 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 👑

Back at tower. Y/n visited her magician friend as she looks at him staring at his huge window.

"Where is Athanasia?" Y/n asked Lucas knowing that the two has been spending together lately.

"Why not ask her instead" Lucas nodded towards the window as Y/n followed, peeking outside to see Athanasia having a tea party 'secretly' with her new friends.

"Well, it's a good things she is being social but did Claude gave her permission?" Y/n blinks. 'I can already imagine his face with a 'How arrogant. Who do they think they are, ordering you to visit them' That would be his reply.'

Y/n sighed as she shakes up her shoulders understanding Athanasia. "I'm sure she would've wanted his permission but just didn't got the chance. I was supposed to tell her something"

Lucas looked at Y/n as she strides down the stairs before he could even reply. That damn tree. Lucas teleported just behind the huge bushes of roses as he hears the Princess's conversation with her company.

"That reminds me, the Princess danced with him too right?"

"I saw that too! He was asking the Princess for the next dance!"

Who? Lucas looked deadpanned at the cringe words and squealing till he heard a 'fluffy' name.

"Ijekiel with the Princess?"

"You two looked like a scene from a fairy tale!"

So this idiot encountered whitey's boy officially huh? Did it happen in the debutante?. Lucas squinted his eyes at his idea , not only was he feeling weird things in his stomach as Athanasia and Ijekiel meet but also he had suspicions that might lead to that 'weird thing' smudged darkly to both  the woman and the girl he might actually care for.

"I was honestly surprised. I never expected to be asked to dance by the son of House Alpheus" Athanasia replied with her sweet voice which halted Lucas.

But it seems he got his attention back on his suspicions, blurring out their conversations as he heard a little bit of 'Knight of Crimson blood' before actually going out to find Y/n as fast as he can.

"If I am right,then I know who my target is..." He whispered, determined.

When some of Athanasia's friends called him in, he sighed. 'ill humor them for a little bit'.

"Blessings and glory upon the obelian empire" Lucas bowed with a proud face flexing his effortless dazzle making the girls blush.

"Uh, uhm this is Lucas. The royal magician" Athanasia introduced cringing at the girls expression at Lucas's arrival.

"I see you are hosting a tea party here today Your Highness" Lucas looked up sensing her magic as he saw Y/n carrying some books upstairs.

"Yes, we are having quite a lovely time" replied a princess from some house Lucas doesn't know of as he tries to get an excuse before his mana seizes.

"I beg your pardon but I must leave at once. I'm needed at the tower. Please enjoy your tea party" Lucas farewells before Athanasia could excuse him as she was left confuse with his actions. 'Is he in a hurry?'

"Oi! Y/n" Lucas called out as Y/n looked back at him while carrying some books.

"What is it Lucas?" She asked turning completely to face him, confuse as to why he is sweating and with a..worried face?

"What happened?"

"I might have a lead to that dark magic" Lucas said standing straight.

Y/n looked up at him. "It's really fine Lucas, Don't exhaust yourself finding that stupid someone who cast that spell on me besides the tree already saved me"