𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 46: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭👑

"What do you mean?!"

"She was alive all this time?"

"Are you crazy? Those are just probably rumors the Empress died along time ago!"

"How come?..."

"That magician looked a bit like the Empress after all-Ugh! I don't know how to explain these things"

"They said that she 'is' the Empress after the accident happened in the Palace"

"Undercover?"

"Shut up punks! Let's wait if there is any possible announcements, don't try to filth the name of the Empress, she was the greatest ruler"

.
.
.

All around the kingdom are now filled with rumors and confusement involving their previous Empress, the magician and the Princess accident. Everybody heard the after events of the explosion, they saw the magician who saved the princess lay down beside her with the exact same appearance as their previous Empress had.

All the hair and every bit of what they could remember about the physique of the Empress Laurier were changed. The magician completely transformed into the Empress they once loved. Which is why the people of Obelia are eager to hear the news if 'she' is actually back.

Or living among them all this time but with a different identity

But that wasn't it.

While Obelia was busy spreading rumors and such, they weren't the only ones who were confused. The Palace were also shock after they saw what happened, neither they all believed that a person could be back from the dead.

Either they all talk about that it was only an effect of the magicians power or the Empress soul came back to save her daughter in the body of someone else, unlike the people of Obelia who immediately believed that she was the Empress all this time.

If the staffs of the Palace believed the same thought the Obelian's did, then why did she do it. Why would an Empress with such a good reputation have to lie and live among them in a different identity? Pretending to be magician, It doesn't make any sense.

They couldn't fathom any reason at all.

Which arise even more confusement.

"Your highness?" Felix with a swollen face who didn't have any sleep for weeks after the incident happened finally brighten up seeing the Princess furrowed her eyes.

Athanasia moved as Felix help her up to sit on the bed. Silence filled them as Athanasia uncomfortably curled her toes underneath the blanket. She heard every bit and still remember that time. She was filled with confusement and maybe a bit of disappointment?...

Felix knew that, so he just kept silent and sat on the bed not uttering anything because he too... doesn't know what to say nor even think about.

With a sigh Athanasia close her eyes and leaned her head on the bed with a tear escaping her eye. She recalled.

.
.
.

The flash from the mana finally dimmed as the mana was sucked back inside of Athanasia's chest. The sound of the wind from the leaves and breathing's of the knights and magicians on the ground were the only sound before finally started helping themselves up. Felix groaned and immediately run to help His Majesty but he roamed his eyes and couldn't see him anywhere.

"Your Majesty?-" Felix felt a rushed wind then a flash of light can be seen on his peripheral vision. He turned around immediately to see the golden flash was just Infront of Claude who seemed to be standing there senseless so he ran thinking that it was another explosion.