𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 41:𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 🌼

Athanasia looked at her mom's sleeping figure as lots of royal physicians came to her aide but none knows what happened and not even medications can help her to wake up.

Sweating and trying to think what could the maids do to atleast cheer the Princess up. As if on time Lily barged in with a bunch of invitations on silver tray and placed them on the table in front of Athanasia gaining her attention.

"Princess, look at all these invitations" Lily said with excitement.

"Are these all invitations?" A maid said mesmerized by the lot of invitations just for the Princess.

"Yes, and more will arrive from now on" Lily smiled.

"Ah I'm so happy to see this day!" The maids were squealing with excitement.

Athanasia opened one of the invitations thinking, 'Ever since the debutante, Invitations requesting my presence at parties have started flooding in'

But Athanasia was too preoccupied by her worries on Y/n that she ignored the arrivals of invitations and requests.

"Which house's invitation will you accept first?" Lily asked the dazed Athanasia.

"Well, I don't really know yet" Athanasia replied.

"How about Marquess House Irain? House Irain is known to have a very handsome young son" Hannah fantasized.

"Hannah that's for the Princess to decide,she hasn't even opened all the invitations yet" Lily said as Hannah chuckled.

Athanasia haven't been outside of the castle before as she hesitantly thinks. 'Can I really attend these kind of things, I've never been out of the castle before. Should I ask dad?'

The door to the Emperor's office opened as Athanasia peeked from the open door." Dad are you busy?"

She asked as Claude glanced at her whose sitting down and writing on his table. "Sit down and wait"

"I'll stay quiet". Amused by her father's busy form as he scratch his head analyzing some papers with a feathered pen in his hand.'Its unexpected but this type of thing also suits him quite well,he was portrayed as a saint and a good king in storybooks after all'

"She hasn't woken up yet?" Claude whispered enough for Athanasia to gain her attention from the little statue on the table.

"No, the physicians said they didn't know what happened either" Athanasia bit her lip hiding her knowledge of knowing about the weird thing smudged on both of them as per Lucas said.

Claude didn't say anything as he watched her touched the statue on the table."Do you want it?"

"Ah?!" Athanasia shrieked back. "No it just looked funny, I-I mean it looked like a decoration with a story behind it so I was just looking" Athanasia stuttered.

Claude smirked at her fantasies."What are you talking about? It's nothing but an ugly piece of stone, I would have given it to you if you have wanted it."

'if that is so, then why is it carefully placed in this office? You have a weird taste but I'll respect it' . Athanasia thought and replied to her dad. "No, it's fine"

"Did you come here to say something?" Claude asked as Athanasia sweat dropped as she watched his hand move nonstop writing on some papers super fast with still a calm face as if he doesn't want to make his daughter wait any longer.

'I came to tell him about the invitations and ask him If I could go outside of the Palace but..'. Looking at how busy he is, she hesitated. "I just came because I wanted to see you,but you seem to be busy so I'll head back"