Chapter 8

The next day was Will's funeral. Even though Marley knew he was alive she couldn't help but think he was actually dead. She put on a black dress, and Steve helped her with her hair, Steve curled the ends and put a small black bow on her head like the one on her dress. She put on her shoes and headed out.

At the funeral Marley and the boys stood in the second row. As Marlow listened to the priests talk, the funeral started feeling more real to Marlow than it should. She dropped a tear or two as she looked at the coffin before her. Marlow and the boys stated looking around to see who had come to pay their respects to Will, there were some people from school and others that must be friends of Joyce and Will's father.

"Hey look over there!" Dustin whispered to them all and pointed to a girl about a two meters from them she was crying and holding a white rose

"wait till we tell Will Jennifer Hayes was crying at his funeral-"Dustin fell silent as mrs Wheeler told him to be quiet.

After the priest finished his words Marlow walked over to Joyce and hugged her, she wanted to tell her Will was alive but she didn't want to in front of all these people. Marlow also gave a hug to Jonathan who gave her a small smile. She dropped a flower onto Wills casket along with Mike, Dustin and Lucas. After the funeral reception everyone made their way inside, Marlow turned to see Nancy and Jonathan sat together looking at a piece of paper, this didn't bother Marley so much but she still wondered what they were doing.

"Marley you coming?!" She heard Lucas call, she nodded and ran over to them. Inside Mike noticed Mr. Clarke helping himself to some cake and water and dragged them all over to him, they all put on your fake sad faces and Mike started to speak.

"Mr. Clarke?"

"Hey there," Mr. Clarke began as Dustin helped himself to some snacks "how are you guys holding up?"

"We're in mourning" Lucas said as Dustin began to shake his head at his snack.

"Man these aren't real vanilla wafers!" Dustin exclaimed, they all turned to him and gave him a sarcastic look.

"We were wondering if you had time to talk?" Marlow asked Mr. Clarke ignoring Dustin.

"We have some questions." Lucas added.

"A lot of questions."

They all sat round a small table and began hitting there questions at Mr. Clarke.

"So you know how in Cosmos Carl Sagan talks about other dimensions? Like beyond our world?" Mike started.

"Yeah sure theoretically." Mr. Clarke replied.

"So theoretically how do we travel there?" Lucas asked.

"You guys have been thinking about Hugh Everett's 'Many-Worlds interpretation' haven't you?" Mr. Clarke replied and began to explain. "So basically there are parallel universes. Just like our world but just infinite  variations of it. Which means there's a world out there where non of this tragic stuff ever happened."

"Yeah thats not what we are talking about." Lucas interrupted. "We were thinking of more of an evil dimension like the vale of shadows. You know the vale of shadows?" Dustin asked Mr. Clarke.

"An echo of material Plane, where necrotic and shadow magic-" Mr. Clarke replied.

"Yeah exactly." Marley answered 'if that did exist, a place like the Vale of Shadows, how would we travel there?"

"Theoretically." Lucas adds.

"Well..." Mr. Clarke starts. He picked up a paper plate and took a pen out of his coat and started drawing a diagram on the plate.