Chapter 31

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with the keycard also has a massive gun." Dustin explained to Marlow, Robin and Steve. "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anyone finding it."

"But there's gotta be a way in." Said robin

"Well, you know... I could just take him out." Steve stated

"Take who out?" Questioned Robin

"The Russian guard." Robin raised an eyebrow "what? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and take his key card. It's easy."

"Did you not here the part about the massive gun?" Questioned Marley

"Yes, Marlow, I did." Steve said "and that's why I would be sneaking."

"Well please tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually... one a fight?" Asked Dustin

"Ok, that was a one time."

"Twice." Said Marley holding up two fingers "Jonathan, last year prior."

"Listen that doesn't count." Said Steve

"Why wouldn't it? Because it looks like he beat the absolute shit out of you." Said Marley

"It was..." Steve began

"You got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye, a lot of blood... things that all added up."

"That just might work." Robin suddenly said grabbing a hand full of money out the tips jar and running off.

"Robin?" Steve called from the sliding window

"Hey, robin?" Asked Dustin

"Hey, what, what are you doing?" Asked Marley

"I need cash." She called to them

"Well half of that's mine." Steve exclaimed "where are you going?"

"To find a way into that room." She called back "a safe way, and in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. I'll be back in a jiff." And with that she turned away and disappeared in to the crowds.

"Oh dude." Steve exclaimed breaking the silence as Dustin licked ice cream of the spoon. "Come on, man, not my scooper."

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the county recorders office." Robin explained lying the blueprints for the mall out on the table "star court mall. The complete blueprints."

"Not bad." Said Dustin

"So this is us, scoops." Robin pointed to where it would be on the blueprints "and this is where we want to get. I mean, I didn't really see a way in."

"There's not." Said Marlow

"If you're talking exclusively about doors." Robin pulled off the top blueprint reviling another.

"Air ducts." Said Dustin

"Exactly." Said robin "turns out this secret room needs air, just like any old room." Robin grabbed the whiteboard marker off the white board "and these air ducts, lead all the way here..." she began drawing on the blueprints marking out the air ducts "here." She finished drawing a circle and everyone looked at Marley.

"No, no, no, just no." She exclaimed "there is no way I'm getting in there."

"Come on." Said Steve

"No, not happening." Marlow sighed

"Your the smallest one here." Said robin

"That doesn't mean I automatically have to do it." Said Marley "Dustin can do."