Chapter 30

Do you see anything?" Dustin questioned as he, Steve and Marley sat behind a bush in the middle of star court, Steve was peering through a pair of binoculars unsure what he was meant to be looking for.

"Uh, I guess I don't totally know what I'm looking for." He explained

"Evil Russians." Dustin stated

"Yeah, exactly, I don't know what evil Russians look like."

"Tall, blonde, not smiling." Dustin began

"Mm-hmm." Steve replied

"And look for earpieces, camo, duffle bags, that sort of thing." Dustin continued

"Right ok, duffel bag." Steve continued looking through his binoculars, before he came to a stop peering up to where a boy and girl were standing

"You've got to be kidding me." Steve exclaimed

"What?" Questioned Marlow

"Anna Jacobi's talking with methhead Mark Lewinsky." Steve explained

"If your not gonna focus gimme the binoculars." Dustin

"Aw, Jesus Christ what ever happened to standards." Steve continues ignoring Dustin "I mean Lewinsky never came of the bench."

"Dude, you are the worst spy in history, you know that?" Asked Dustin reaching over and grabbing binoculars.

"Stop, hey, stop." Argued Steve

"Give me those." Dustin orderd as Steve took the strap of from around his neck, Dustin put the binoculars on and started focusing, before speaking again.

"I don't get why you're looking at girls. You have the perfect one in front of you." Marley nodded her head agreeing with Dustin.

"Seriously if you say Robin again-

"Robin."

"No, don't no."

"Robin, Robin, Robin." Marley and Dustin mocked

"Stop, no, no, no, no." Said Steve

"Robin, Robin, Robin." Dustin finished turning to look at Steve

"No, man she's not my type." He exclaimed "she's not even in the ballpark of what my type is, alright?"

"What's your type again?" Teased Marley "Not awesome."

"Thank you." Steve sarcastically said

"Hm." Marley hummed

"For your information she's still in school, and she's wired, she's a weirdo, and she's hyper." Steve went on "I don't like that she's hyper, and she did drama, that's a bad look. And she's in band." Steve shook his head "no."

"Now that your out of high school, which means that your technically an adult, don't you think it's time you moved on from primitive constructs such as popularity?" Asked Dustin looking away from the binoculars to face Steve.

"Oh, primitive constructs? That some stupid shit you learned at camp... know, nothing " Questioned Steve

"Camp know where, actually." Corrected Dustin "and no, it's shit I learned from life, instead of dating somebody you thinks gonna make you cooler. Why not actually date someone you enjoy being around. Like me and Suzie."

"Oh, Suzie you mean, 'hotter than phoebe cates.' Yeah that Suzie, and uh yeah, let's think about how exactly did you score that beautiful girlfriend?" Steve paused scratching his head "oh, yeah, with my advice. Because that's how this works Henderson, I give you advice, you follow through, not the other way round, pea-brain." Steve finished and turned back to the front and Dustin looked over at him, Marley sighed standing up, sick of there bickering.

"I'm going back to scoops ahoy." She said walking away, Steve and Dustin both looked at each other sharing the same 'look what you've done.' Look.

Marley made her way across the mall and into scoops ahoy where Robin was trying to translate the rest of the recording.

"Hey Robin." Said Marley as she walked behind the counter

"Ready, listen to this, the silver cat feeds, when blue meets yellow in the west." Robin said

Robin and Marley spent the rest of the morning trying to figure out the translation and serving customers while Steve and Dustin continued trying to find anyone that could be an evil Russian.

"The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west. a trip to china sounds nice if you tread lightly." Robin picked up her drink a took a sip, letting the wheels in her head turn, she placed the drink down and picked up the translation book "tread lightly." She repeated to herself.

Suddenly knocking could be heard from the the door in the room behind the shop, Robin slid the glass window open and climbed through, opening the door Marley watched as Robin came back out the door and began to leave the the ice cream parlour, Marley jumped up and walked after her just as Steve and Dustin came in.

"You're not gonna believe who Dustin thought was a Russian." Said Steve

"You did to." Argued Dustin

"No, I Did not." Said Steve, as robin pushed through them both and ran upwards the middle of the mall, Marlow, Dustin and Steve all looked at each other before following her.

"Robin?" Questioned Steve as the reached her, "what are you doing?"

"I cracked it."

"Cracked what?" Asked Steve

"I cracked the code." Said robin climbing off the water fountain she had been standing on.

Sorry this chapter was only short, the next one should be longer!!