Chapter 19

Happy new years everybody, hope 2023 is a great for you all!!

Joyce walked with Will down the empty corridor, she grabbed his bag from his locker and turned to Marley.

"Marlow I'm going to take you home grab your bag sweetie." She smiled weakly at her. Marleys face was red from crying and she felt frozen, she took her bag out her locker and followed Joyce to her car. As they were walking she heard Max talking to the boys.

"Ok that totally freaked me out. And what happened to Marley,?" She asked turning to Mike "you said she saw it, saw what? Did that not freak you guys out?" She questioned.

Joyce opened the back door and Marley climbed in, Will sat with her in the front and they drove off to Will's house. The car ride there was silent, Marley noticed that Joyce passed her house and continued down the road. At Will's house, Joyce walked Marley and Will into her kitchen where she handed Marley and Will a glass of water and sat down at the kitchen table with them both and started talking to Will.

"Will, can you tell me what happened?" Joyce said to Will.

"I cant remember." Will stuttered.

Joyce sighed. "I need you to try."

I- I was on the field and- and then it all just went blank and then you were there." Will lied.

"Will i need you to tell the truth." Joyce sighed.

"I am." Will said.

Joyce sighed, she got up from the table. She walked over to the counter and picked up a piece of baking paper and brought it back to you both. On the paper was a shape like the shadow monster, it had been scribbled by Joyce and Will's eyes widened when he saw it.
Joyce put her hand over the drawing and looked towards Will.

"This shape, i saw it on the video tape from Halloween night. Its the same shape as our drawing. These episodes that you're having i think Dr. Owens is wrong. I think they're real. But i can't help you if I don't know what's going on. So you have to talk to me please. No more secrets okay?" Will nodded his head. "Okay. Did you see this thing again on the field?"

"Yes." Will shivered.

"Did you Marley?" Joyce turned to her. She shock her head

"I only saw the black dust, I was there and then I wasn't."

"What is it?" Joyce stuttered to Will.

"I don't know." Will stammered. "Its almost like a feeling." Will's face was going red, tears were falling out of his eyes.

"Like the one you had that night at the arcade?" Joyce questioned.

"Yes." Will nodded.

"What does it want?" Marley said softly getting up and sitting on the other side of Will.

"I don't know." Will stuttered. "It came for me and... I tried. I tried to make it go away. But it got me mum."

"Well what does that mean?" Joyce questioned.

"I felt it. Everywhere. And I still feel it. I just want this to be over." Will sad fighting through his tears. He turned around and put his head on Marleys shoulder and cried even more.

"Look at me." Joyce said coming over and bending down so Will could see her, Marley stroked Will's hair as Joyce spoke. "I will never, ever let anything bad happen to you ever again. Whatever's going on in you we're gonna fix it. I promise." Joyce added.

Marley pulled Will in closer, she felt his tears go through her shirt. Joyce stared at the drawing and thought to herself.
That night Joyce called Steve to tell him that Marley had accidentally left her bike at school and that she weren't feeling so well, soon Steve came and picked her up and she noticed her bike in the back. The whole ride there all Marley could think was how much it hurt to see Will cry, there was only one person who could help him. Eleven. she could stop whatever was happening together, only El was gone. And she wasn't coming back.