Chapter 32

"Shit, shit!" Screamed Marlow as the elevator continued to drop.

"We're going down, we're going down!" Exclaimed Steve.

"Yeah, no shit Harrington." Robin shouted

"Why don't these buttons work?" Yelled Dustin frantically trying to push them.

"Press the buttons!" Screamed Erica running over to Dustin

"What do you think I'm doing?" Dustin argued back

"Come on, press the something! Just press the button!" Ordered Steve

"Push it." Erica screamed as multiple boxes fell on everyone making them fall over. Before the elevator came to a stop

"My groin." Groaned Steve "It fell on my groin."

"Get this off me." Ordered Robin

"I can't move." Groaned Steve

"Is everyone ok?" Asked Robin standing back up

"Yeah, I'm great, now that I know that Russians can't designs elevators." Said Steve standing back up as well.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work." Said Marley, as Steve tried pushing them again.

"They're buttons. They have to do something." Steve argued back

"Yeah, if we had a keycard." Robin stated

"A what?" Questioned Steve turning to face Robin

"It's an electronic lock." Robin said with a duh expression "same as the loading dock door, if we don't have a keycards, it won't operate, meaning we're stuck in here."

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm suppose to be spending the night at Tina's." Erica started "and Tina always covers for me. But if I'm not home for uncle Jacks party tomorrow, and my mum finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one and slit your throat."

"I don't care about Tina, or uncle Jacks party!" Yelled Steve "your mums not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator."

"Hey." Dustin cut off pointing up "what if we climb out."

The next morning after deciding that there was no way they would be able to climb back up the elevator, Dustin bought out his walkie talkie, and climbed back on to the top of the elevator

"Code red, I repeat code red, does anyone copy?" He said in to the walkie talkie loud enough that the others could here him from the elevator. "This is a code red, I repeat, a code red. This is a code red, I repeat, a code red, does anyone copy? We are innocent children and we are trapped under star court mall. The red army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us." Steve had had enough and walked over climbing up and poking his head through the hole.

"Hey, gotta take it easy on that thing. Gonna drain the battery." Steve said

"That mall just opened." Said Dustin

"So?" Questioned Steve climbing up on top of the elevator.
"So someone could be in range." Explained Dustin

"What do you think, Petey the mall cop is gonna rappel down here and save the day?" Asked Steve

"All right, why are you such a cranky pants after getting to spend the night with Robin."

"Shh, Jesus Christ, will you just give up on your creepy dream already." Steve questioned

"I heard you guys talking all night." Dustin started

"We were trying to figure out a way to open up the door." Steve stated "why you children were sleeping, after 8 hours were still exactly nowhere, which is you know, probably just a little bit of the reason why I'm feeling just a tad cranky."