Chapter 42

"Not to be a wimp, but can I sit in the car? 'Cause, I'm his is gonna totally royally suck." Robin stated as they drove down the road.

"It'll be fine." Nancy said

"I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again." Robin went on "I really, really can't."

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better." Steve called holding up a six pack.

"That's what my mum does." Max spoke

"Why don't we give it a trial?" Said Robin "hey Eddie, uh good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh and we found Vecna. Bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension, and the gates closed, so we have no way of getting to him. He's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed. But now you're doubly, triply screwed." Robin rambled.

"Wait. Maybe we don't put it like that." Marley said

"We're one step closer to finding vecna." Nancy suggested "that's what we say, that's what's important."

"See robin? Positive spin can make all the difference." Steve said stuffing pringles in his mouth.

"Uh-huh." Robin muttered

"Oh shit." Nancy spoke as they pulled into Reefer ricks where there were police cars and loads of people gathered around. They parked the car, all climbing out. Nancy led them over behind a van we're the listens to officer Powell reporting what had happened.

"...reporting a homicide here on the lake. Officer Callahan and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of lovers lake. About ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawking high, Patrick McKinney." Lucas looked at them all in shock.

"His limbs... his body, it was disfigured... there was an eyewitness on the scene... we have also identified a person of interest. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward."

"This is not good, really not good." Steve said as everyone looked at each other.

Powell went on, "you've got a lot of questions, and I'm going to answer as many as I can. Two o'clock town hall, where everyone from the Hawkins community is welcome. But right now, I've got work to do, and I appreciate your understandings."

"Dustin can you hear me? Wheeler?" Eddie's voice suddenly came over the walkie.

"Eddie, holy shit." Dustin said quietly leading the group away a bit. "Are you ok?"

"Nah, man. Pretty... pretty goddamn far from ok."

"Where is he?" Robin asked Dustin

"Where are you?" Dustin asked into the walkie.

"Skull rock, do you know it?" Asked Eddie

"Uh, yeah." Dustin replied "that's near Cornwallis and..."

"Garrett, yeah. I know where that is." Steve said walking of, the other following after him.

"Hold tight, where coming, where coming." Dustin said into the walkie before running after the others.

"Dude I'm telling you, your taking us the wrong way." Steve said frustrated as Dustin led them through the forest.

"It's north. I'm positive, I checked the map." Dustin reassured

"You do realise skull rock, it's a super popular make out spot?" Questioned Steve

"Yeah so?" Marley and Dustin asked