Chapter 41

The group soon found themselves back at the Wheelers basement, they were all sleeping on the couches, when Marley was awoken by Dustin's radio.

"Dustin?" Eddie's voice could be heard, "earth to Dustin?"

"Hey, it's Marley." Marley said

"Harrington, hey." Exclaimed Eddie "um, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like really soon, unless you want me going out into the real world."

"No. No, no, no. Don't do that." Warned Marlow "stay where you are, and we'll be there as we can."

"Yeah, yeah, listen, um... can you pick me up a six pack." He added "I know it's stupid as shit, drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves."

Marley glanced over her should as she half listened to Eddie ramble, when she noticed Max was gone from her spot on the couch

"Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back." Marley said

"No, don't you da..." was all Marley heard before shutting the walkie off.

"Dustin!" Marley exclaimed giving him a harsh shove to wake him. Also waking Nancy from being to loud

"Mm." Dustin mumbled

"Wake up." She snapped

"What?" Asked Dustin

"Aren't you supposed to be on Max watch?" Questioned Marlow

"Yep, yep, yep, yep." Dustin mumbled wiping his eyes. "Sorry."

"Then where is she?" Questioned Marley Nancys eyes widened as she heard this moving over next to Marley.

"She was right here." Dustin said "A second ago." He quickly added "swear I just dozed off for..." he looked at his watch "an hour."

Nancy lead the two up the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning guys." Greeted Karen, the three breathing a sigh of relief seeing Max sitting at the table with Holly.

"Is everything ok?" Asked Karen

"Yeah." Marley muttered

"Yeah everything's ok." Nancy adds as Max looked over at them

"I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this." Karen went on.

"Could try sticking together at a different house for a change." Added Ted Karen glanced at Ted before turning to Marlow and Dustin as Nancy walked over to Max.

"You know you're welcome anytime." Karen smiled

"Totally. Your like family." Dustin agreed taking a step forward to a plate of pancakes. "May I?" He asked

"Absolutely." Karen said handing him a plate, "Marley?" She asked holding out a plate for her.

"Thank you." She smiled talking it.

"Yeah, why not? Take us for all we're worth." Ted mumbled

"Ok!" Dustin said smiling at him, before piling pancakes up on his plate.

Marley walked over to Nancy and Max sitting down next to Max.

"Hey." Max said taking her headphones off

"Hey." the other to girls greet.

"You ok?" Marley asked shoving a piece of pancake in her mouth.

"Just couldn't sleep." Max said "people kept blasting music in my ears, for some reason." They all chuckled slightly, "But Holly let me borrow some of her crayons. We've been having fun, right, Holly?"