005. Lightless Land

Shen Qingyue heard Qi Man's cry, and immediately said: "Calm down, ghosts won't come up!"

Qi Man didn't speak any more, just widened his terrified eyes. His face looked bright and dark under the single firelight, like a black and white horror cartoon, looking straight at Bai Ling.

No, his eyes clearly passed over Bai Ling, but landed behind Bai Ling, or above. It was as if he saw something huge that Bai Ling couldn't see. His eyeballs quickly bulged out in horror, his face became snow-white, his entire face was exaggeratedly distorted, and then he screamed in fright.

"Ahhhh!!"

Bai Ling was also stunned. What's the matter, what did he see behind him?

At this time, Qi Man was completely dominated by fear, and even though he would fall off the wall, he took out a small knife from his trousers and stabbed it in the direction of Bai Ling with a ferocious face.

Bai Ling was startled, "Qi Man!?"

Before Bai Ling could finish her words, she clearly saw several blood lines split on Qi Man's body. His expression immediately became sluggish, the flesh opened along those blood lines, blood gushed out, the whole brain was dislocated and split, and the eyeballs were cut in half. The knife that had already stabbed in front of Bai Ling fell out of force.

Everything happened so fast that Bai Ling could hardly react to what was happening, but the scene in front of him was slow like slow motion.

Qi Man seemed to have been slashed by an extremely fast knife. While falling freely from the wall in a strange posture, he gradually dispersed into several pieces of meat. Blood quickly splattered frantically in all directions.

Bai Ling had never seen such a terrifying scene before, and she was completely stunned. The light of the lighter kept shaking like his hand.

It was obvious that he was not alone in the fright, until Qi Man had completely fallen, and a few seconds later, Liu Xiaoruo screamed around.

Then there was the faint sound of bones being chewed.

Bai Ling was trembling all over, and even looked sideways into the darkness.

He could feel the presence that haunted him still there.

It's not it that eats people, it's other monsters.

But what was the monster Qi Man saw just now? Why did he die?

Bai Ling's little face turned pale with fright, but her lips were bit red. He looked at the others subconsciously, but only met Liu Xiaoruo's terrified gaze in the dim light of the fire.

She was splattered with blood from Qi Man, and opened her mouth wide in horror at Bai Ling, "Help! Don't kill me! Please."

Bai Ling was stunned for a moment, and hurriedly said, "No! It's not me. I didn't do anything."

Liu Xiaoruo almost broke her voice, "Don't come here!"

Shen Qingyue also said to Liu Xiaoruo, "He's not a ghost."

"But Qi Man is dead, Qi Man is dead." Liu Xiaoruo inhaled intermittently, using In a tone that was about to collapse, he said, "Don't kill me, woohoo, don't kill me!"

"Liu Xiaoruo, calm down." Shen Qingyue increased the volume and emphasized in a convincing voice: "Bai Ling It's not a ghost. You won't die."

Liu Xiaoruo didn't know how much she had heard, but she kept saying incoherently that she didn't want to die.

Shen Qingyue sighed: "Bai Ling, you didn't find any bad words, did you?"

"I, I'm not sure. I..." Bai Ling glanced at Liu Xiaoruo, bit her lip, and dared not say that he hit a ghost Now , "I saw the hallucination again..."

Liu Xiaoruo cried more and more, "Are we dead?"

If there are no words in this circle, even if the ghosts can't come up, they can only be trapped here. There is no food here, no water, and they won't last long before falling off their strength and being eaten by invisible monsters.

Shen Qingyue was silent for a while, then suddenly said: "Although I didn't find the entrance of the hotel, I found a leverage point to climb up there."

Bai Ling said in surprise: "Really?"

"Really."

Fake.

Shen Qingyue lied.

She didn't find anything, she just had a conjecture, a conjecture about the rules of this space.

"Come with me."

Liu Xiaoruo still stopped in place, and kept breathing nervously, "I dare not move, I can't do it, I will fall."

Although Shen Qingyue repeatedly persuaded her, she still insisted dare not move.

The two were deadlocked for a long time, and Shen Qingyue saw not only panic, but also a little doubt in her eyes. She doesn't trust her that much.

Shen Qingyue had no choice but to turn to Bai Ling and say, "Bai Ling, come around from the other side, let's try to climb up first."

Bai Ling thought of the hallucination of being alone just now, her expression was a little scared, but still nodded. "Okay..."

Shen Qingyue said, "It's alright, this pillar is not that big. I'll wait for you on the other side."

Liu Xiaoruo saw that the two were leaving, but instead said, "Don't leave me behind."

Bai Ling wanted to persuade She followed them, but Liu Xiaoruo was so afraid of him that he had to stop talking.

Shen Qingyue said, "We'll find a way when we climb up."

After she finished speaking, she turned her head and walked to the other side.

When Shen Qingyue first saw Bai Ling's intact hand, she had a little doubt in her heart.

Bai Ling's hands obviously haven't done much work, and they are very delicate. According to the material of the stone wall she feels, even if it is only supported on the stone wall, it should show traces of friction.

And Bai Ling was a little surprised that her hand was bleeding.

This proves that Bai Ling didn't think the stone wall was rough.

Shen Qingyue had an assumption in her heart at that time. Is this stone wall different in everyone's eyes?

But this assumption sounded too bizarre, contrary to the materialist world view, she could only suppress it first.

However, when she and Bai Ling saw the bloodstains on the stone wall,

Shen Qingyue made further assumptions. What if her hypothesis were true?

If this stone wall is really different in everyone's eyes, or if the stone wall is related to what everyone believes in.

In the dungeon world of the Nightmare Hotel, nothing is impossible...

Shen Qingyue began to recall the feeling of just entering the dungeon.

At first it was just pure darkness. She could only feel herself leaning at a strange angle, standing in the air.

It was logic that made her feel that she should be being held from behind and under her feet, and then she felt the stone wall. But this process only took one thought, so she couldn't tell the relationship between the two at all.

But the dead man was sliding down as soon as he came in, and even desperately tried to climb up.

Is that because his first reaction was not to be supported by some rock wall at all, but to lie on a slope?

He thought he could roll over, and he did. Not only was he able to turn over, but he also struggled to climb up for several seconds, and left bloodstains from scratching his fingers on the stone wall.

He can do it, because all this is reasonable in his cognition.

This may not be a materialistic world, but a world that is believed to be real.

Once there is a hypothesis, Shen Qingyue starts to look for evidence that can prove the hypothesis.

For example, at first she couldn't actually tell where everyone's voices came from, but after guessing where everyone was, she suddenly could tell the source of the voices.

After Bai Ling saw that her hand was bleeding, his hand soon began to become red.

At first, when she asked Bai Ling to look up, Bai Ling didn't see anything.

Later because she said it might be a cylindrical shape.

When Bai Ling looked at it for the second time, she said that she saw a white stone wall.

Then everyone's perception of this space is based on the back of the pillar.

Shen Qingyue regretted that she didn't realize this problem earlier.

She has always been accustomed to sharing her own analysis and then demonstrating it from practice, but she did not expect to give everyone psychological hints, making a hypothesis a reality.

This back-to-the-column situation is really not good for them.

What is even more detrimental to them is that this space would have inspired infinite fear.

It should not be the first time that the dead man entered the dungeon. The fear made him feel that there must be a monster below when he fell, and he was really brutally eaten by the monster.

Then his tragic experience once again affected everyone, and it was completely confirmed that if he fell, he would die.

Qi Man was killed by a ghost when he met Bai Ling because he firmly believed that Bai Ling was a ghost.

Of course, all of this was just Shen Qingyue's idea.

All she has to do now is to test her assumptions. If possible, make everyone believe what she says. Make the situation more favorable to them.

This is their only hope.

She was more worried that Liu Xiaoruo would question her, so she would rather be alone with Bai Ling to see if she could make Bai Ling believe her first.

After walking in the dark for a while, Shen Qingyue heard Bai Ling calling him. "Sister Qingyue?"

Bai Ling's voice was very soft, her voice trembling, and her tone was trusting and reliant, as if they were not the strangers they had just met, but she was his own sister.

Shen Qingyue's heart softened, and she also regarded Bai Ling as her younger brother, and immediately said, "I'm here."

Bai Ling quickly turned on the lighter again.

Shen Qingyue saw Bai Ling's face again, his face was even paler, the hand holding the lighter was shaking, but she still tried her best to say to her: "I, I touched it again, this time I can be sure, or There are no bad words."

Shen Qingyue felt a little distressed for Bai Ling, "What's wrong with you, are you alright?"

"I'm fine." Bai Ling was actually just on the way, and was very afraid of falling into a space where he was alone again, so she didn't dare to stop.

But since Shen Qingyue asked, Bai Ling still whispered like a complaint: "But... there is still a ghost. It pulled my clothes just now."

Shen Qingyue was stunned for a moment, and subconsciously glanced at Bai Ling's pajamas.

The strange death of Qi Man just now, she and Liu Xiaoruo were all splattered with blood. But Bai Ling was the closest to Qiman, but his pale yellow pajamas still looked clean and his face was clean.

It was as if... someone was protecting Bai Ling.

"I feel that my clothes have been pulled into the stone wall by it just now." Bai Ling whispered: "Also, it touched my hand before,

and it was the same..." Getting along with it violated all common sense. It made Bai Ling feel weird and terrifying. He didn't want to deal with it at all, but he just kept moving forward, but fortunately, he soon met Shen Qingyue again this time. "You're right, this must be all my hallucination."

Shen Qingyue was silent this time. She didn't say it was Bai Ling's hallucination, but asked carefully what happened.

Bai Ling told her.

The more Shen Qingyue listened, the more shocked she became.

This child obviously believes that the ghost is fake and the stone wall is real, so how could he feel that the ghost has pulled his hand into the stone wall?

Did this ghost really come from his imagination?

A person who believes in common sense will not imagine content that goes against common sense, which is obviously against logic. But if ghosts are real.

Why didn't it hurt Bai Ling?

impossible. Shen Qingyue still felt that it was impossible for a ghost to protect the player. She must be thinking something wrong.

Shen Qingyue's heart became more and more uncertain, but she couldn't show it. She must remain calm on the surface and try her best to be a particularly credible person in front of Bai Ling.

"There is a bulge on the top of the stone wall here, you can reach out and touch it." Shen Qingyue took the lighter from Bai Ling's hand, exhaled, and said in a confident voice: "Just hold on to this place. It's definitely not going to fall, you know?"

She stressed it again worriedly, "As long as you hold on to this place, you will definitely not fall."

"You reach out and touch it."

"Well."

Shen Qingyue kept watching nervously. He stared at Bai Ling, looking at this beautiful, but a little silly young boy.

Because of her words, he started leaning against the wall with his back, and stretched out his hand with all his strength, little by little, reaching the highest place his arm could reach.

Shen Qingyue raised her throat in her heart.

This is their only life.

If her conjecture is correct, then whether there is a focus on this depends entirely on whether Bai Ling can believe him wholeheartedly.

Whether they can get out alive or not depends entirely on whether this beautiful child with a simple mind can touch a bulge that will change their situation.

Shen Qingyue saw Bai Ling paused for a while, and immediately asked nervously, "Have you touched it?"

In this mysterious and weird world of copies, in Shen Qingyue's uneasy state of mind, the child turned her head towards her, revealing a Very nice smile.

"Well, I touched it!"

Shen Qingyue breathed a sigh of relief, and was even a little moved.

Bai Ling really believed her.

Shen Qingyue tried her best to maintain the surface calm, and with an uneasy mood, she also stretched out her hand to grope over there.

Her hand moved forward inch by inch on the cold and rough stone wall, but she didn't touch anything.