Chapter 1 - Unhappy

A HUGE THANKS TO YOU FOR CLICKING ON THIS BOOK!

I'd like to mention that I wrote this in 2022 and now (in 2024), plan to do a whole revision just so it's written better. Also, English is not my first language but I did my best in providing you a reading experience free of grammatical errors or at least close enough.

I should also mention that you will come across scenes with some violence and sex (much later on). Please note that these scenes do not appear throughout the story so for those of you who prefer not to read such, enjoy the rest of it!

Thank you!

~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~

Ethan was a billionaire and everything he had, he owed to his mother, who was born into the wealthy Hudson Family.

She never got married or had any children of her own, so she only became his mother when she adopted him at the age of seven from an orphanage and gave him her last name.

He attended some of the most prestigious schools in the world and throughout his life, he was always ready to do anything just to keep her happy.

It was partially because she made him who he was, but also because it would enable him to inherit all she had in the event of her death.

One day, she told him that she wished to expand her business, which would be done through a new business partnership with Mr Parker and for that, he needed to marry Olivia, his daughter.

Never one to protest when it came to his mother's wishes or demands, he agreed to marry Olivia.

He never wished to get on his mother's bad side.

When arrangements were made for Ethan and Olivia to meet by having dinner together at a luxurious hotel, he felt like he had hit the jackpot as soon as he set his eyes on her. Everything about her was stunning - from her face, to her perfectly proportionate figure.

As she made her way to their table, he leaned back in his seat and stroked his chin, already fantasizing about running his hands on her hips.

When she got to their table, not once did it cross his mind to pull out a chair for her so she did it herself.

"Quite the gentleman you are," she said, taking a seat.

"Hello, beautiful. Don't sit too far away. I'd like a closer view of what I see."

He leaned forward, suggestively rubbing his hands together as he was captivated by her beauty. Of all the ladies he had ever been with, he had never seen anyone like her.

"Do you usually treat women like objects?" she asked, shaking her head.

"What does it matter to you?"

"We just met and you're already acting this way."

"We're getting married anyway so it's no big deal. Now, how about a little taste of what I'll be having with you for the rest of our lives together?"

"What the hell? You're so disgusting."

"Relax, beautiful. There's no need to get so worked up."

"How d-"

"Hush." He waved a finger in her face with a condescending attitude. "I need to take this call."

As Olivia watched him get up to pick the call, she leaned back in her seat with disbelief.

Though attractive with the perfect masculine features on his handsome face, great physique and height, the man who was about to become her husband was far from what she expected in terms of character.