Chapter 33 - Longing For Your Lips

Just as their lips were about to touch, Angela knocked on the door and Olivia instantly placed her feet on the floor and stepped away from Ethan as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

Not knowing how to act, they both cleared their throats as Olivia told Angela to come in.

Angela only came to ask what to prepare for their dinner.

As Olivia explained to her, Ethan stood by the wall, directly staring at her, not even hiding that he was. He wished Angela had shown up just a few seconds later because now they both had to deal with the kiss that never happened.

When Angela left, it took a while for Olivia to turn around and face Ethan, flustered by the kiss they almost shared. "I have to ..... Uh... I have to..." She trailed off as she moved backwards, daring not to look at him.

Just as she made attempts to construct her words while still moving backwards, she gasped when she stepped on something with the heel of her foot. When she turned around with her gaze directly on the floor, she realized she had just bumped into his foot. She then wondered when he had moved from where he stood before.

When she looked up at him, she was flustered even more when she found him staring down at her with the same expression from just before he was about to kiss her.

Unable to deal with the awkwardness she felt, and how flustered she was, with the energy she had, she rushed to the bathroom and locked herself inside.

When he was all alone, he drew his lower lip between his teeth with a chuckle as he wondered what it would have felt like after such a long time of not feeling her lips on his.

~

Angela brought Olivia's food to the bedroom and found her constantly biting on her finger anxiously and she couldn't help but wonder what was wrong with her.

"Is something bothering you, Ma'am?"

"It's nothing," said Olivia, too embarrassed to speak about it.

She had no idea how she would face Ethan since she had made it so clear that she wanted to feel his lips. She shut her eyes with a grunt at the way she had closed her eyes and stood on her tippy toes in readiness for their kiss.

"Ma'am? Is everything alright?"

"No...I mean yes."

As Olivia had her meal, Angela stood by and they engaged in small talk, but she noticed how Olivia constantly fumbled with her words. She could tell that something was wrong but Olivia chose not to speak about it.

Later, after the meal, Ethan pushed the door open and stepped inside Olivia's bedroom.

As she watched him close the door, her heart started racing and she remembered the kiss they almost had and the awkwardness that came with it. 

"Hey," he said, slowly approaching the bed until he sat on the edge and close to her.

"Hey," she said nervously, having him so close.

"Last night, I slept in the same bed with you." He glanced at her lips. "I didn't even realize it until it was morning. Tonight, since I'm in my right mind, I'll sleep in the other bedroom, unless you want me here tonight." He glanced at her lips again.

She equally glanced at his lips, then faced the floor as she cleared her throat. "Sleep in the other bedroom."

He sighed. "Just as I thought."

"What?"

"Nothing, I'll leave now."

"Yeah," she said, glancing at his lips again and noticed he did the same.