Chapter 24 - Feels Like Goodbye

Olivia was in the kitchen when Angela came rushing to her with wide eyes as she whispered to her that Ethan had arrived, her reaction being a result of how he had suddenly stood up for Olivia against his mother.

Olivia raised her eyebrows as she didn't expect him. It was also because it would be the first time they would see each other or even speak after he left to go to Pete's house.

To not seem so affected by his presence, she leaned against the counter and crossed her arms as he walked in, with Angela rushing out to give them some privacy.

"Hey," he said, shoving his phone in his pocket after declining Natalie's call, just as he had been doing from the time he left her at the car dealership.

"Hey, the last time I saw you was w-"

"My mother had a heart attack right after what happened here."

Olivia gasped as she covered her mouth, genuinely shocked and saddened by the news. "Oh no," she said softly.

"It was all my fault."

"No, don't say that," she said, getting closer to him.

"It's the truth. I caused that heart attack with my actions. I didn't know it would lead to that."

"How is she now?" She placed a hand on her chest in anticipation.

"She'll be fine. I'll be staying with her for now."

Olivia sighed with relief as she dropped her hand. "I'm glad. Was that all you came to tell me?"

"What?"

"You could've said all this over the phone. I don't think your mother should be left alone. You should be with her right now."

"Why do you seem so concerned when she accused you of cheating on me and carrying Pete's child?"

"That's a different case. I really do hope she'll be fine."

It took Ethan a while to respond as he scanned Olivia's face, surprised by how she was concerned about his mother.

Olivia felt his gaze for so long that she looked away and tucked her hair behind her ear. It was only when she asked if he had come for anything else that he looked away.

With a nod, he told her to follow him outside and she asked for what purpose but got no answer for it. Instead, he only repeated that she should follow him.

When they both stepped outside, Olivia noticed a beautiful car and Ethan pointed at it. "I came driving that car."

"That's pretty obvious."

"But I'm not leaving in it. It's here for you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Here," he said, placing the car keys in her hand. "I bought this for you. By the way, it's a limited edition and the only one of its kind in the country at the moment. It wasn't cheap."

She looked at the keys then at his face with a sigh. "Ethan...."

"No, I'm not done yet. With this car, you can go wherever you want. I'll assign one of my drivers to you. One more thing." He reached for his wallet for something. "With this card, buy yourself whatever you want and I mean whatever you want. Forget the price tag. I've made sure you'll get everything you want with that card. Once you run out, just give me a call."

She looked down at her hand again which was now enveloped in his as she chuckled forcefully. "Why does it sound like you're saying goodbye to me or something?"

"It's because I am." He sighed.

"But why are you...." She trailed off.

"As of this moment, I'll only come here when it's necessary. I do have my reasons and one of them is that for now, I'll be busy with the wedding. I'm getting married in a few days."