Chapter 16 - Jealous

Olivia had been taking a stroll within the yard when she saw one of Ethan's cars approaching. She stood still and widened her eyes with anticipation to see him because she wasn't expecting him to show up and even thought he still hadn't yet returned.

Ethan was usually in the driver's seat as he preferred to drive himself around so once she could make out the driver, she sighed with disappointment with her eyes shut since it wasn't Ethan but soon, she widened her eyes again when she saw Ethan in the backseat.

Realizing she was being too obvious about how she felt when she saw Ethan, she composed herself and crossed her arms with a poker face.

Once Ethan stepped out of the car and approached her, he noticed how she still looked ravishing and had now stuck to it even if she didn't go out. She didn't seem to want to speak or make any movements so when he was right in front of her, he spoke first.

"Did you miss me?" he asked, playfully raising his eyebrows.

"You wish," she scoffed.

"Then what was that I saw just now?"

"I just thought it was your mother. That was why I became restless." She walked away from him and approached the car just to get away from him so he wouldn't see through her.

"Since when does my mother make you restless? Hard to believe."

"What are you even doing here?" She turned around to look at him again with narrowed eyes.

"I know I didn't come here for a few days and you obviously wondered where I was."

"I don't care."

"I was out of the country."

"I know."

"Who told you?"

Olivia was about to mention that Pete told her about it when he came to the apartment and had been bothering her for such a long time and she thought she could handle it but such was no longer the case and she hoped Ethan would do something about it.

However, right before she could mention it, she looked around to think about where she would start but noticed the bags in the backseat of his car and assumed he bought something for her.

"What's with the bags?" she asked, her face brightening up with hope that he would say they were for her, despite her not being too fond of excessive shopping from luxury brands.

"The bags have Natalie's new shoes and jewelry from the trip."

Hearing such words changed her mood instantly and she glared at him. "If that's Natalie's stuff, why would you bring it here? To show off to me?"

"Whoa! What's gotten into you?"

Olivia believed that he brought Natalie's stuff along to make her jealous and her disappointment only angered her even more. After going on a short rant about the bags, she pointed at the exit as she yelled at Ethan to leave.

She then approached the doorstep but he followed right behind her as he called out to her but once she was inside, she shut the door in his face and locked it. She heard him bang on the door as he demanded she open up but she slid down the wall and yelled for him to go away.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked from the other side.

"Just go away. I don't even know why you came here."

"Mood swings already? Unbelievable!"

She then heard his footsteps retreat, then the sound of the car and once there was silence, she sighed and buried her face in her hands. She constantly questioned her reaction the moment she heard that the bags were for Natalie.