Chapter 17 - The Pictures

Ms Hudson stepped out of her car and immediately entered the car of the private investigator. She clutched her purse with anticipation as she sat in the passenger seat and narrowed her eyes before she warned him.

"You better have something worth my money or you won't get your payment in full."

"You won't be disappointed. Here," he said, handing her an envelope.

When she opened it and saw several
pictures Olivia and Pete at the apartment, she narrowed her left eye as well as that side of her mouth in disgust. "That good for nothing!"

The private investigator added fuel to the fire when he mentioned that all the pictures were taken in the last few days and she concluded that Olivia and Pete met up when they knew Ethan wouldn't catch them since he was out of town.

Once she finalized her payment with the private investigator and was now heading back home, she still checked through the pictures, especially the one where Olivia had her hand on Pete's chest. She dialed Ethan's number and when he picked up, he mentioned that he couldn't talk for long because he would have important back-to-back meetings. She instead told him to go to her home once he was done because she had something to show him.

Once the call ended, she glared at Olivia on the pictures as she declared that her luxury days were over and her son would see her for what she truly was, unaware of what type of rage she would awaken in her son.

~

Natalie had her friends over at her house and all they talked about was the upcoming wedding with Ethan. They looked forward to seeing a grand wedding fit for billionaires because that was how she made it seem and set the bar high.

She had told them that the vacation she returned from was filled with lots of jewelry and shoes which Ethan bought for her and when they demanded to see it all, she sighed as she told them none of her stuff had arrived yet.

As they expressed their playful disappointment of not seeing all he had bought for her, her maids walked in with several luxury brand bags and it caught everyone's attention, especially when one of the maids mentioned that it was all from Ethan.

Natalie's friends all expressed their envy and screamed as they stomped their feet since they found it all so romantic.

One of the maids then handed Natalie a bag which had a note from Ethan and she took it out with a smile but it faded the moment she read it.

This is my favorite car and I'm tired of seeing your bags in the backseat!

Upon reading it, her friends teased her about the romantic words Ethan must have written to her and she played along, making them believe she was so lucky to get married to a billionaire who spent endlessly on her.

To not ruin the mood she had set, she put the note aside and sat with them and they all rummaged through her new stuff and countless times, her friends expressed how much they wished to be her. Every time she heard that, she grinned but they never took notice of how the sides of her lips slightly quivered.

~

After all the back-to-back meetings, which lasted almost the whole day, Ethan linked up with Pete to catch up over a few drinks despite his mother having informed him that he needed to go to her house.

He briefly explained to Pete some of what was discussed in the meetings, only for Pete to soon roll his eyes and mention that he wanted to talk about anything but work.

"Like what?" asked Ethan.

"You should know what I'm hinting at. I'm talking about going with Natalie on that trip. Thanks to her, you had more than just meetings, hmm?"