Chapter 45 - Never Again

In the evening, when Ethan returned, they shared a few passionate kisses and hugs, as usual and then he kissed her belly as he whispered to the little one.

As they had dinner together, Olivia braced herself as she couldn't keep it to herself any longer.

"Ms Hudson was here."

"What?" He hopped up, touching her face with concern. "What did she do to you?"

"Nothing, but she said she needs my help."

He scoffed as he sat back down. "She needs your help? With what?"

"Bringing you closer to her once again."

He slammed his fist on the table, got up and started to leave.

"Babe," she said, holding onto his hand. "Just think about it. After all that has happened between your mother and-"

"She's not my mother."

"Right, after all that's happened between you and Ms Hudson, don't you think you should give her a chance?"

He pulled his wrist away, looking at her with disbelief. "Are you talking about the same woman I'm thinking about? I wonder what she said to you. I'd be surprised if someone like you was fooled by her."

"I know it sounds crazy, but you should've seen her when she was talking to me. She's desperate to have you back in her life."

He pressed his hands on the table as he inched forward with wide eyes. "Did you hear yourself? She's desperate and that means she'll do anything to get me back on her side."

"Yes, which means even coming to me."

"Can't you see that it also means she could be lying? Whatever the case, no, I don't want to see her. How did she even come here when I clearly told her not to ever come back?"

"I asked her to come."

"Why? What's wrong with you?!"

"Don't yell at me."

"What am I supposed to do? Congratulate you for being naive enough to believe whatever she told you? How irresponsible of you to even meet her. She could harm you and our child. Don't you see that?"

She sighed, nodding her head. "I just really wanted to believe that everyone can change."

"Definitely not her," he said, shaking his head. "Don't ever speak to her again or bring up anything that has to do with her."

"But-"

"I said no! She's dead to me and you need to respect that!"

His yelling was followed by silence, with Olivia's back glued to the chair after she had flinched and kept her eyes shut.

As he stormed off, he continued to yell, asking her to stay out of it.

~

It was in the middle of the night and Olivia couldn't stop thinking about Beth and her betrayal.

She also couldn't stop thinking about how she could show Ethan that Ms Hudson had seemed to have a change of heart.

When she made her final decision, she quietly got out of the bedroom to call Ms Hudson.

"Hello? You've decided, right? Right? Tell me!" Ms Hudson said impatiently.

Olivia closed her eyes, certain of what she was about to say. "I'm sorry but I won't be of any help."

"No! You promised me!"

"I didn't. I might have been feeling bad for you but the truth is that I don't want to hurt Ethan. He's been through so much already and-"