Chapter 15 - Enough

When Ethan's car parked in his mother's yard the next morning, he unfastened his seatbelt then paused for a moment as he hoped that his mother had calmed down from when he last saw her at dinner the previous evening.

Once he was ready, he made his way inside the mansion and was informed that she was in her bedroom but would come down soon to head to the dining table to have her breakfast.

Just as he climbed the stairs, he saw her coming from the other side but as soon as she noticed him, she turned around and back where she came from.

Unable to handle that type of treatment, he followed after her while calling out to her but not once did she look back at him or stop moving further. Running out of options, he rushed in front of her and gently held onto her shoulders, begging her to listen but she took a few steps back without looking at his face and moved in the opposite direction.

Just like before, he rushed after her and this time, he held onto her hands when he was right in front of her. He spoke with so much despair in his voice as he begged her to say something that she sighed and finally looked up at him as she asked if there was anything she could possibly say after what happened at dinner.

Finally hearing her voice, he admitted that he hated the thought of his dear mother staying mad at him. He had plans of following her right after dinner but was aware it wasn't the best time so he hoped that she would have calmed down in the morning and that was why he showed up there. He finished off by mentioning how eager he was to speak to her that he couldn't even have breakfast back at his house with Natalie.

When she heard that, her eyes widened with curiosity and she asked if she had heard him correctly about Natalie, to which he nodded and told her that after dinner, they left together to go to his house and she spent the night there, only he couldn't stay and have breakfast with her that morning because he needed to speak to his mother, the one person who truly cared about him.

When Ms Hudson heard about Natalie, she placed her hand on Ethan's cheek and smiled at him as she expressed how thrilled she was that things had worked out that way the previous night.

Realizing he finally got through to her, thanks to spending the night with Natalie, he assured her that whatever he had done for Olivia, was only so she would be comfortable and deliver his healthy baby.

"Your baby?" Ms Hudson scoffed.

"Yes, why would you ask me that?" asked Ethan, his mother's reaction peaking his curiosity.

She had plans of exposing Olivia in the grandest way but since she didn't have the pictures yet, she thought she would hold on to the information she had, just in case it was all for nothing so instead, she brushed it off and mentioned that as long as he made his relationship with Natalie work and only see Olivia when necessary, she wouldn't have much to say about that good for nothing who was once her daughter-in-law.

Having handled the situation, they walked together and headed to the dining table to have breakfast. At one moment, she mentioned that she had a three-day event outside the country but wished not to attend so she would send him in her place and Natalie would go with him. The private jet would be ready in a few hours and they only needed to prepare so he needed to inform Natalie.

The unexpected instruction made him furrow his eyebrows because of how short notice it was but he had just made up with his mother again and to not upset her, he agreed to attend with no objections.

~

That same day at night, Pete returned to see Olivia and just like the previous night, she didn't let him in or even open the door. Nothing that came from his mouth was convincing enough to open the door until he asked if she was aware about Ethan's trip. She instantly opened the door to find out more and he let himself in before she could even stop him.