Chapter 11 - Twisting the Truth

From the time Beth had gone to Olivia's house under the pretext of someone Olivia could confide in to express how she felt, she hadn't been in touch with her. The one visit was enough to come to a conclusion of how pitiful her situation was.

Beth had been to Ms Hudson's house in the hopes of receiving some cash in exchange for the information she had about Olivia. Unfortunately, every time she went there, she was informed that Ms Hudson was still out of the country and that meant she needed to wait, something she dreaded because she couldn't wait to benefit from the situation.

It was another day of Beth not finding Ms Hudson since no one would tell her when she would return. As she walked away from the house, she received a call from Olivia and when she saw her name on the screen, she rolled her eyes with a sigh, asking herself why Olivia was calling her.

When she picked up, she changed her tone to a friendly one and faked a smile. She rolled her eyes when Olivia mentioned that she looked forward to seeing her again and they could meet up and have a cup of coffee or grab something to eat.

Beth told her that she was unavailable at the moment, to which Olivia replied that it was the same for her and she meant they could do it later, right after she settled in her new apartment.

Hearing that, Beth furrowed her eyebrows as she asked for details and when she heard that Olivia was moving into one of Ethan's apartments, she clenched her fist as she touched her forehead. Despite how jealous she was, she made sure not to make it obvious.

Olivia only wished to spend more time with Beth, unaware that Beth had no interest in friendship at all.

When their call ended, Beth squeezed her phone and headed back to Ms Hudson's house. She was about to be sent away again but asked for Ms Hudson's phone number, which didn't happen because none of those who worked at the mansion were allowed to give out Ms Hudson's phone number.

Determined to speak to Ms Hudson no matter what it would take, she suggested to the maid she spoke to, to call Ms Hudson and she would speak. She emphasized the importance of getting in touch with Ms Hudson and eventually, the maid agreed to it when Beth gave her the last note she had in her bag.

The maid dialed Ms Hudson's number but it took several attempts before she finally picked up. When she finally did, the first thing she did was yell at the maid as she reminded her that none of the maids were allowed to call her unless it was urgent.

The maid stood still and brought her knees together to maintain her balance as she trembled. The rage from Ms Hudson was one she couldn't bear, but took the risk because of the little money given to her.

Suddenly, Beth snatched the phone from her and introduced herself, which made Ms Hudson stop yelling for a moment, only to continue with it, stating she had no time for people she knew nothing about.

Despite how hostile Ms Hudson was, Beth did her best to sound enthusiastic, especially when she mentioned that she had valuable information about Olivia's pregnancy.

That was enough to grab Ms Hudson's attention and she instantly asked for further details but Beth said nothing more about it and suggested they meet up and she would only tell her what she knew at a heavy price.

Since Ms Hudson had all the money in the world and was curious, she agreed to meet Beth when she would return on that same day.

~

When Ms Hudson arrived at her residence, Beth returned and was led inside the mansion to the living room. Upon laying eyes on Ms Hudson, she made a calculation of how much Ms Hudson's outfit was worth, including her earrings and wrist watch. The fact that Ms Hudson was a billionaire was enough for Beth to be assured that she would make some good cash from what she had to say.