Chapter 12 - Gorgeous Ex-wife

The last time Natalie had a face-to-face conversation with Ethan was when he brought Olivia to his mother's house to announce the pregnancy.

She had believed that by telling her father about it, who would then speak to Ms Hudson, Ethan would've paid more attention to her or treated her the way she deserved.

She had even been informed by Ms Hudson that she reprimanded her son and he would take better care of her but to her disappointment, such a day never came. If she didn't get in touch with Ethan first, then they wouldn't communicate at all. Whenever she wanted to meet up with him, he always seemed occupied.

She still wished to make things work with Ethan because she felt that if all his attention would be on Olivia and his work, there would be no room for her in his life.

She had already bragged to her friends that she was getting married to a billionaire and that meant she needed to keep up appearances.

Hoping he had some free time that day so she could spend some time with him, she gave him a call while hoping for a different response.

"What?" he asked the moment he picked up.

"Hey...are you busy?" she asked, smiling despite his unenthusiastic tone.

"Yes."

"Oh come on, that's what you've been saying for such a long time."

"And I'm still busy. What's this about?"

"You need to change the way you talk to me. Your mother told me she spoke to you about the way you need to start treating m-"

"Will you play that card every time?"

"I just want us to spend time together. Don't make me report to your mother. You know she won't like it"

"Fine, I'll see you later today."

"Why not now?"

"I'm going to see Olivia."

"Why?"

"Bye."

Before Natalie could ask any further questions, he hung up on her and her mouth hung open as she scoffed. She started to feel like Olivia would be a bigger threat than she initially thought.

~

When Ethan arrived at the apartment, he just walked in and started calling out to Olivia while he was in the living room.

As she came from the kitchen, she had a blank expression while shaking her head in disapproval and was still a mess, not taking care of herself at all.

"You shouldn't have just walked in," she said.

"Why not?" he asked. "This is my apartment."

"It might be yours but as of this moment, I'm living here and I deserve some privacy. You will respect my personal space."

"Oh no, I'm so scared," he said. "I see you wasted no time moving in."

"Didn't you tell me to move in by evening?"

"I did. I'm just saying it didn't take you that long to move into this luxurious apartment, which proves to me that you do want this lifestyle."

Feeling insulted, Olivia explained to him that she was quick to move in so she could put her house on rent and make extra money, not that she wanted to have such luxury and he shouldn't think too highly of himself.