Chapter 31 - Feelings

Mr Philip was in the living room, constantly checking the headlines, which he shouldn't have done but just couldn't help it. There were so many articles and people poking fun at how Ethan had left the altar and Natalie ran after him with desperation.

Despite how each headline angered him more and more, he still couldn't stop looking at them. It also didn't help that all the headlines only made fun of Natalie and nothing negative was mentioned about Ethan.

Even if Natalie had already mentioned the possibility of people making fun of her, Mr Philip had asked her to stay away from her phone to not see anything that would only infuriate her.

He had also decided to give her some time alone after asking her to stop blaming Olivia for everything.

As he continued to scroll, he was informed that Ethan had arrived and as soon as he heard that name, he wrapped his fingers tightly around his phone and clenched his jaw to control his anger.

As Ethan walked in, Mr Philip instantly got up from his seat and pointed at him. "You only show up now?"

"Listen-"

"Do you have any idea what my daughter's going through?"

"I came to-"

"Have you seen what's been written online?"

Ethan only looked at him with a poker face as he shrugged.

"No one's making fun of you," said Mr Philip as he shook his head. "Everyone's only making fun of my daughter yet it should be the other way around!"

"Can I speak now?" asked Ethan, raising his eyebrows. "I came here to explain myself."

"And what will you say, that you're sorry?"

"No," Ethan said firmly.

When Ethan asked to speak to Natalie, Mr Philip was against it and mentioned how she had been disturbed since the previous day and seeing the man who ran away from her would only make things worse.

Despite understanding what Mr Philip had just said to him, Ethan still insisted on speaking to Natalie.

When Mr Philip realized Ethan would continue to insist, he allowed for him to speak to her but only after speaking to him first, as her father.

For the conversation they were about to have, Mr  Philip even got closer and crossed his arms. Then, with so much pain in his eyes as he thought about what Natalie had been through, he asked if somewhere deep down, Ethan always had the intention not to marry Natalie.

"I had warned her about this marriage but she just didn't listen to me," said Mr Philip.

"Does that mean you didn't want the partnership with my mother?" asked Ethan, then soon faced the floor with a heavy sigh as soon as he had mentioned his mother.

Mr Philip clarified that he didn't mean anything negative about the partnership, but only that he always had a feeling that getting married to Ethan would have brought Natalie nothing but misery. He reminded him of the time he saw how she was treated at the hospital.

"You never showed any care towards her, yet she was looking forward to spending the rest of her life with you but you ruined everything. I know it had to do with Olivia but you shouldn't have done that to my daughter."

"That's why I'm here."

"To apologize?"

Ethan sighed. "I'm here to explain myself to her."

"Will you apologize?"

"Just take me to Natalie."

No matter how hard Mr Philip tried to find out if Ethan would actually apologize, he got nothing out of him and gave up on it.