Chapter 10 - Only for the Baby

Upon hearing what Ethan had said, Olivia looked down at herself with a puzzled expression, then looked up at him and he had the widest eyes as he nodded to his own words, as if to her how right he was. He went further to point out all the reasons she wasn't doing so well on her own and she attempted to cut his words a few times so she could speak but he didn't let her.

When he was done talking, he sighed when he heard Olivia begin her rant but he paid little attention to her. Instead, he shoved his hand in the pocket of his jacket, then pulled it out to drop some keys on the table, making her instantly switch from her rant, to asking about the keys on her table.

As soon as he mentioned that they were the keys to her new apartment and she should pick them up, she shook her head several times as she refused to take them from the table.

Her stubbornness made Ethan get up as he reminded her of her pitiful state and he was giving her the luxuries of life again so she was in no position to turn down any of it. He went on to brag about all the things she would enjoy once again just because she was carrying his baby.

Before he could brag further while belittling her, she couldn't take it anymore so she turned around to leave him standing there alone but he held onto her wrist and pulled her back.

"Let me go!" she yelled with a grunt. "I won't stand here and l-"

"Shut up and listen!" he yelled back, his grip on her wrist tightening.

Now standing so close to each other, they looked into each other's eyes, with Ethan bearing a poker face, but Olivia's expression was of anger as she still attempted to break free and she finally pulled her wrist away.

"I hate you," she said.

He scoffed. "I'm aware of that, but I'm still taking care of you."

"I don't need you to take care of me."

"Had it just been you, I wouldn't even be here. Stop acting so tough and pick up the keys. I expect you to move into my apartment by tomorrow."

While still standing that close to each other, she clenched her fists with a scowl but spoke softly as she expressed the feeling of being controlled by him and expected to do exactly as he instructed.

With a confident nod and narrowed eyes, he chuckled as he spoke to her.

"Once you move in, I'll visit you whenever I want."

"Why?"

"Don't think it's because of you. It's for the sake of the baby."

"I'm aware of that."

"That didn't seem to be the case when you asked for a reason. Could it be that you were hoping for something different?"

"Don't let my question go to your head. Even if you're doing all this for the baby, why not just let me live here and visit me here?"

"No."

"Giving me the keys to your apartment is a bit too extreme. I'm not even that far along in the pregnancy."

"It doesn't matter. I'm sending you all the help you'll need to move out. I'm coming to check on you tomorrow at my apartment so I expect you to be there by evening, alright?" he asked, moving his face closer with an expression to show that all he expected was for her to agree.

It took a while for her to respond and when he thought she would finally say something, she only sighed.

"Hey," he said as he wrapped his hand around her wrist again with his face moving closer to hers. "Now isn't the time to think about yourself. Think about the baby first. You move in tomorrow, alright?"