Chapter 5 - Moving Out

As soon as Olivia remembered she had no underwear on, she meant to get off the bed when she attempted to move to the side but that only made the back of Ethan's hand rub against her inner thigh.

He looked down at her and her lower body was exposed since the sides of her robe spread to the sides. With the robe knot still cinched at the deepest part of her waist, her hips curved outward more as his eyes traveled down her thighs.

He ran his hands along her inner thighs, then moved them away and towards her knees as he said, "You're still my wife."

With a mouth that hung open and hands holding onto the sheets on both sides, she raised her head and spoke in a shaky tone. "So what if I'm still your wife?"

Without saying another word to her, he applied some pressure to her knees, spread them apart, moved further back, then lowered his face between her legs.

She dropped her head on the bed and stared at the ceiling whenever she could keep her eyes open but for the most part, she had them shut at the sensation pulsating through her body.

That night, despite rejecting him earlier right before they had gone downstairs in Ms Hudson's mansion, she finally let herself indulge in the pleasure he would give her.

~

When Olivia opened her eyes the next morning, her skin felt lighter than usual and that made her look under the covers. As soon as she saw that she was naked, she dropped her head to the side to look at Ethan, but he wasn't there. She faced the ceiling and shut her eyes with a sigh, then sat up to run her hands on the back of her neck as she looked at the clothes on the floor.

Not even having been a minute since she woke up, she heard her phone vibrate from her purse so she wrapped the sheet around her body and reached for it.

When she saw the caller ID, it was her mother-in-law, which was unusual since she rarely called her. Wanting to know why she called her, she picked up, only to be yelled at and called a good for nothing daughter-in-law. After she belittled Olivia, she demanded to know why she didn't answer her phone during all the times she had been calling her.

Olivia chuckled while shaking her head, then first mentioned to her mother-in-law that she needed to stop calling her the same thing all the time and had she known she would be insulted, she wouldn't have picked up and if she had nothing important to say, she was going to hang up.

Her mother-in-law continued yelling, asking if Ethan was there and she couldn't get in touch with him the whole night because he left his phone at her house. It was why she had been calling Olivia but being the good for nothing daughter-in-law she was, she didn't bother to pick up and once again, proved to be useless.

"I didn't pick up because I was sleeping," she said.

"When I'm calling you, it doesn't matter if you're sleeping! You wake up and pick up my calls!" Ms Hudson yelled.

"Starting today, I'll never make the mistake of thinking you won't insult me."

"Where's Ethan?"

"I don't know," said Olivia, then hung up. She dropped her phone on the bed and paced around while looking outside the window.

The bathroom door creaked and she shut her eyes when she felt Ethan's presence. As the sound of his flip flops got louder with every step he took towards her, she stepped away from the window without looking at him and cleared her throat, as if to make herself busy.

"I see you're avoiding me," he said.

"Why would I do that?" she asked as she sat on the bed but without facing him.