Chapter 14 - A Woman's Seduction

The moment Ethan heard Natalie bring up Olivia at the table, he narrowed his eyes, only to see her grin as if all she wanted to hear was about how it went with Olivia. With only frustration to show how he felt, he pressed his lips together and said nothing.

Since he wouldn't say a word, Ms Hudson demanded for details on all that occurred when he met Olivia and upon noticing his mother was upset, he asked her to calm down, then mentioned that he took her shopping for all the things she needed at the apartment.

It seemed that he had forgotten to mention to his mother that Olivia had already moved into one of his apartments because when he said it at that moment, she scoffed as she clenched her fists, showing great disapproval to how Olivia seemed to enjoy the life she shouldn't have.

As he started to explain that it was all for the sake of the baby, his mother quickly got her bag, stood up and was ready to leave, showing no interest in what he had to say. With distress in his voice, he got up to assure her that it was only for the baby, but he only got yelled at when his mother asked why he went through all that trouble for Olivia when he could have done much less. Her last words were that she just lost her appetite and only wished to go home.

Hoping to ease the situation with his mother, he walked right beside her as he asked her to calm down, only to be completely ignored.

When he stopped in his tracks and watched her leave, he looked back at Natalie a few seconds later and she giggled as she placed her fingers over her mouth with wide eyes and said, "Oops!"

"You didn't have to bring that up," he said as he approached the table.

"Blame no one but yourself. All you had to do was show some enthusiasm when I was talking about my wedding dress! I know how your mother felt about Olivia so I got even."

Unable to say anything to her, he buried his face in his hands for a few seconds, then dropped his hands to look at everything except in her direction.

~

Outside the restaurant, as Ms Hudson waited for her limousine, she dialed the private investigator's number and her rage was still so intense that her hand trembled.

When he picked up, she immediately lashed out at him as he took too long to show some expected results and she would hire another private investigator to do a better job.

He assured her that it was all about waiting for the right opportunity, which hadn't yet come by, but soon would.

She placed her other hand on her chest to control her rapid breathing as she demanded that he hurry and right after saying those words, she hung up on him and dropped her phone in her handbag with a grunt.

She paced around as she waited and wondered how long she needed to wait before she would expose Olivia. Finding out that Ethan gave her a luxurious apartment and bought her all she needed to get settled in, was going too far according to her and she was just using him while carrying another man's pregnancy and her son didn't deserve that betrayal. It was also an opportunity for her to get rid of Olivia from their lives forever.

~

Only a few minutes after Ms Hudson left, Ethan was now outside waiting for his car to be brought out front and right beside him was Natalie who clung to him no matter how many times he told her to leave and not bother him. She claimed their date wasn't over and still wished to spend time with him.

He reminded her that she ruined the dinner and had no right to stand next to him and his mother was upset because she brought up Olivia, only for her to giggle with a hand over her lips.

Once he realized she wouldn't leave no matter what he said or did, he thought pretending she wasn't there was the best option he had.

Once his car was ready, he headed to the driver's seat and shut the door but right after he got inside and just as he fastened his seatbelt, he heard the door shut again and he looked up at the other seat right in front and saw Natalie. She fastened her seatbelt as well and sighed loudly.